Devops & Sysadmin
Posted on March 25th, 2019
Required Experience and Skills
- Expertise programming experience with Java
- Expertise in Linux software development
- Building observability into services via instrumentation, logging, and tracing.
- Good understanding of microservices concepts/architecture
- Experience developing cloud services and cloud platforms
- Experience with agile development and working with agile engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or equivalent professional experience
Desirables / Good to have:
Apply for this Position
- Experience with Scala and Python
- Experience with HDFS, Spark, and relational databases such as Postgres
- Experience with open source monitoring and logging technologies such as Prometheus and ELK
- Experience implementing containers in a microservices environment
- Experience educating engineers about what to log, measure and alert on with an emphasis on surfacing trends to be used for SLA/O analysis
- Experience in building analysis tooling and processes to provide mature mechanics to help users understand the state of a distributed system at a given point in time.
- Experience in creating and delivering performance monitoring and insights for bespoke platforms via dashboards, scorecards and ad hoc analysis.