Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Customer Support Engineer
Fastly’s goal of creating the best set of tools for people who scale the internet is rooted in great support. It's a core value, and something that shapes our culture. Fastly is looking for passionate support engineers to continue our high standard of support, as well as scale and improve our support systems as we grow.
The ideal candidate should be a master of written voice, and have the technical curiosity and experience necessary to understand Fastly’s product from end to end. They’ll be working with our marketing, engineering, and sales teams on behalf of our customer base, so a passion for customer advocacy is essential. Also, no two support tickets at Fastly are alike, so support engineers will be dealing with a wide range of complex and rewarding problems on a daily basis.
What You'll Do
- Manage customer CDN configurations over email and chat
- Communicate customer needs and requirements with the engineering, product and sales teams
- Contribute to our customer facing documentation when necessary
- Contribute to the processes and policies that scale our support organization as we grow
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years related professional work experience
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of one or more programming languages
- Demonstrated understanding of *nix environment
- Ability to debug connections using cURL, traceroute, telnet and other network diagnostic tools
What You Might Have
- Prior CDN, support, or sysadmin experience a plus
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to a being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Apply for this Position