This is a remote position based anywhere.
The Director of Recruiting is responsible for overseeing the overall strategy of the Recruiting team. This position will report to the Chief Culture Officer and work closely with the organizational leaders in shaping GitLab's recruiting strategies to support hiring targets, innovation and rapid growth. This position will use their deep experience in Recruiting areas of organizational strategy, workforce planning, candidate experiences, and compliance with hiring policies and procedures.
- Partners with the E-Group to determine strategic landscape for our geographical dispersion
- Partners with the E-Group to align on overall plan for talent acquisition to ensure we maintain the high calibre of team members
- Partner with Finance and Department Leaders to deliver data-driven workforce planning processes to ensure the right people are in the right roles with a clear view of talent supply and demand
- Lead selection/management of vendor relationships globally. Negotiate costs to stay within budget and maximize ROI
- Champion the diversity efforts within GitLab to drive a diverse talent pool for our open roles
- Provide leadership to the Global Recruiting team by creating a culture of accountability with a focus on delivering measurable results
- Continuous partnership with the CPO on the structure and capabilities required of the Recruiting team
- Hands-on Leadership of executive-level searches
- Drive an engaging team culture based on GItLab's core values
- Consistently evaluate and evolve team structure to support growing business needs
- Responsible for accurate and transparent hiring plans that are publicly accessible in real time
- Proven experience in high growth environment
- Successfully driven globally distributed hiring
- Excellent people management skills, enabling the Recruiting team to reach their full potential
- Led a high performing Recruiting team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with changing information
- Comfortable using Technology
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross functional team members
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving
- Have implemented various HRIS/ATS systems or recruiting tools while delivering internal OKRs
- 10+ years recruiting experience with a minimum of 2 years managing a recruiting team.
- Experience hiring Global Talent in areas like EMEA and APAC
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
To view the full job description view our handbook.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Apply for this Position