We're looking for an experienced Team Lead to help lead the Premier Support Team at Zapier! Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. As a Team Lead for the Premier Support Team, you’ll work alongside other Team Leads managing a small group of 5-7 Premier Customer Champions. You’ll be responsible for supporting your team, and pitching in to provide world class support for our higher tier customers! Right now we’re looking for folks in US time zones to fill this role, working full time Monday through Friday.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable startup, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You’re a skilled team lead or manager. We’re looking for at least 1 year of experience running a team. You’ll have the chance to provide coaching, feedback, and guidance to your team in order to help them develop in their roles and their careers!
- You love doing support. You can lead by example by jumping into the support queue and helping our customers. You have proven experience helping customers solve problems, and helping others provide an incredible support experience.
- You love to help others succeed. We’re an ambitious bunch, and we’re looking for someone who can facilitate their team's growth.
- You’re an excellent written communicator. We’re also a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier.
- You’re creative and resourceful. You try as many angles as possible to secure positive press mentions for clients and companies. You keep an eye out for media, speaking, and award opportunities as they arise and keep up on industry trends.
- You believe relationships are critical to success. You have relationships with business and tech media, you have experience working with customers or partners, and you’re able to quickly build trust with cross-functional teams and external agencies.
- You’re solid at time management. You’ll juggle a variety fast-moving communications projects, and as a part of a distributed team, you’ll be trusted to work with minimal supervision. As a part of a growing company, you have an opportunity to make a big impact, and you’re keen to build processes that’ll make your job more efficient over time.
Things You’ll Do
- Help meet and exceed our Premier Support goals to make Zapier support the best support
- Help some of our highest paying customers via email or chat to ensure they have the best and fastest experience possible. You’ll own conversations with your customers and make sure they get a first response within an hour. You’ll support them from start to finish, troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions. Lead your team to do the same!
- Build relationships with members of your team and work hard to help them level up their skills
- Collaborate with other leads and managers to prioritize project work and set direction for Support as a whole
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process, providing continuous feedback, regular 1:1s, 360s and performance reviews.
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct
The Whole Package
Location: America time zones - Remote
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, UK, or Canada-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.