What we're looking for:
GitLab is a hyper growth company searching for people who are intelligent, aggressive and agile with strong skills in technology, sales, business, communication and leadership. Desire to lead through change is a must.
The Solutions Architect Manager role is a management position on the front lines. This is a player/coach role where the individual is expected to be experienced in and have advanced insight to the GitLab platform. The individual will contribute to territory and account strategy as well as driving the execution directly and indirectly. The individual will need to be very comfortable giving and receiving positive and constructive feedback, as well as adapting to environmental change and retrospecting on successes and failures. The SA Manager will work together with the other managers within the Customer Success organization to help execute on strategies and vision with the Director.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of your team of Solutions Architects
- Work as an individual contributor for key accounts as needed or requested
- Participate in technical sales calls, and contribute to creating sales and evaluation strategy at the account level.
- Provide technical leadership and platform strategy to the team as well as the larger sales organization
- All aspects of people management, including hiring, development, training, regular 1:1s and annual reviews
- Hire, train and retain top talent
- Provide feedback and direction, both positive and constructive, to personnel in a timely manner
- Build a strong team and provide satisfaction among your team and customers
- Influence both internal and external C-level executives through presentations and whiteboard sessions
- Work collaboratively with other groups, including Sales, Professional Services, Support, Engineering, Technical Account Managers and Product Management, to ensure effective operation of your team, achieve the technical win, and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Formulate best practices for presentations, demos, and POCs as well as overall sales strategy
- Act as a trusted advisor to higher level management on strategic opportunity reviews, emerging competitive threats, product direction, and establishing sales objectives and strategies
- Work with the Customer Success Director to help establish and manage Solutions Architect goals and responsibilities
- Assist in development of thought leadership, event-specific and customer-facing presentations
- Share hands-on technical preparation and presentation work for key accounts
- Take the lead in hiring and onboarding new SA’s
- Ensure the SA team exceeds corporate expectations in core knowledge, communication and execution
- Define and maintain a high bar for team member expectations and enable the team to achieve it
- Challenge the team and yourself to continually learn and grow as trusted advisors to clients
- Evangelize new product features & provide customer feedback to GitLab product management and engineering groups
- Ensuring the Solutions Architects engage the Technical Account Manager during the pre-sales so that the post-sales technical process handoff for seamless
- Drive customer adoption and success by providing oversight, adoption recommendations, opportunities for greater service
- Ensure timely resolution of POC issues by coordinating support responses
- Maintain a deep understanding of each customer’s business as well as their technical environments -- become a trusted advisor to our customers
- Support the Sales team with opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof of Concept presentations (POC), RFP responses, and business justification in a pre-sales capacity
- Mentor and develop the existing solutions architect team.
- Be able to present complex technical solutions to clients.
- Present credibly to engineering decision makers and technology executives.
- Develop and execute solution selling strategies and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on GitLab releases
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Ideal candidates will preferably have 7 plus years IT industry or IT technical sales related to experience with a proven track record of solution sales expertise
- Significant experience with executive presence and a proven ability to lead and facilitate executive meetings and workshops.
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline (idea to production)
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, chatOps, and cloud native
- Experience with waterfall, Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and able to discuss the value of different software development processes
- Experience with container systems preferred
- Kubernetes / Docker
- Installation / configuration
- Container registries
- Experience with any of the following tools / software packages preferred:
- Ruby on Rails Applications
- Git,BitBucket/Stash, GitHub, Perforce, SVN
- Jira, Jenkins
- Understand mono-repo and distributed-repo approaches
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Successful completion of a background check.
We're transparent about our hiring process. For this position, candidates will typically follow the process below. You can expect 3-4 days between each step.
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with Director of Customer Success
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second interview with Public Sector Sales Director
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer directly from Director of Customer Success
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position