15Five is seeking a high performing Expansion Account Manager to help us expand the next generation of employee engagement and performance software into the world’s best companies. She/He is a startup player excited about the opportunity to join an early-stage, high-growth startup with a world-class culture.
The Expansion Account Manager should be equally adept at building customer relationships (up to an including the VP and CxO level) and closing business. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are a must. This individual must also possess the ability to work effectively with cross-functional internal stakeholders to achieve results in the field.
Area of Focus:
- Exceeding assigned sales targets.
- Expanding relationships within the customer organizations to effectively communicate the value delivered by 15Five and reduce customer churn.
- Embrace the Best-Self culture of 15Five and be an effective contributor to the company’s growth and identity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Generate revenue by selling, managing, developing and growing current customers with employee populations of 350 and upward.
- Develop and maintain the relationships within your territory accounts.
- Demonstrate selling value to key partners within accounts through both onsite visits and via web conference tools.
- Shape, iterate, and scale our sales strategy, taking initiative to improve the team’s practices, tools, and content.
- Work closely with the Product team to relay customer feature requests and sit on our internal Product Advisory Committee.
- Partner with the Success team to handle renewals, participate in key QBR conversations with customers, and maintain a stellar retention rate.
- Work with our Community Manager to collect valuable customer stories to feed our marketing channels.
- Meet, exceed 15Five's quarterly and annual quota.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years experience in SaaS enterprise account-level selling (Fortune 500) and account management
- Proven track record of exceeding assigned quota Bachelor's degree or better.
- Energetic and optimistic: your energy is contagious, builds momentum and draws people in.
- Empathic: you go out of your way to ensure customers are heard.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Ability to keep all stakeholders informed on all major issues.
- High Business Acumen: Must be able to see the bigger business issues for the client and help the client manage their business. They must also insure all business deals are profitable for both sides.
- Relationship Savvy: Must be able to read people and connect meaningfully with a variety of personalities while understanding that all progress is made through relationships.
DESIRED IMPACT BY 3 MONTH MARK:
- Complete 15Five’s new-hire on-boarding and job-specific training for the Account Manager role.
- Identify needs for your team and role and build our your OKRs for the quarter.
- Receive and review your account list, becoming familiar with each account’s core business and the history of their relationship with 15Five.
- Meet with (in person or virtually) our existing contacts within each of your assigned accounts.
- Understand how to effectively present an account review (“QBR”) presentation to a customer account.
- Be able to demonstrate the 15Five product effectivelyMeet assigned revenue target goals.
DESIRED IMPACT BY 6 MONTH MARK:
- Successfully renew accounts with expiring agreements, achieving a contract lift where feasible.
- Build at least 5 new 15Five-supportive relationships within your account base, with focus on VP and CxO level individuals.
- Give impactful QBR presentations to at least three of your assigned customers.
- Meet assigned revenue target goals
DESIRED IMPACT BY 12 MONTH MARK:
- Meet assigned revenue target goals.
- Understand the most effective ways to upsell 15Five.
- Provide valuable customer insights to the Marketing and Development/Engineering organizations within 15Five .
SNAPSHOT OF A WEEK IN THE LIFE:
Monday: In office, preparing for customer visits/meetings.
Tuesday: Customer meetings (on site or virtual).
Wednesday:Customer meetings (on site or virtual).
Thursday: Preparation for QBR presentations.
- Friday: Updating account plans, closing out business in SFDC.
- This is a full-time, salaried exempt position.
- The typical work week will be Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm (flexible) , working an expected 40+ hours/week.
- Due to this role supporting recruiting in varying time zones, there may be some early morning or after hours meeting requirements.
15 FIVE UNIVERSAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Openness to vulnerability, self-reflection and receiving radically candid feedback to grow personally and professionally.
- Curious and committed to innovation and continuous learning and growth.
- Self-motivated, self-responsible and self-accountable.
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five
is backed by Next 47, Origin Ventures, Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Indeed, Etsy, HubSpot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 2,000 + more. We take pride in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee or a customer.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.
Apply for this Position