Product Managers at GitLab have a unique opportunity to define the future of the entire DevSecOps lifecycle. We are working on a single application that allows developers to invent, create, deploy and secure modern applications.
We're looking for a product manager to elevate the broader product team. Your goals are to ensure important inputs are effectively managed, tackle challenges that do not neatly fit within a stage, and do whatever is needed most.
We work in a very unique way at GitLab, where flexibility and independence meet a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open.
We are looking for talented product managers that are excited by the idea to contribute to our vision. We know there are a million things we can and want to implement in GitLab. Be the one making decisions.
We recommend looking at our about page and at the product handbook to get started.
- Attend all Product:CEO and Product Development meetings, and other meetings as necessary; record and follow up on action items
- Effectively shepherd feedback from the executive team, primarily the CEO
- Investigate new initiatives and technologies which could impact GitLab
- Improve the process and tools to make the product team more effective
- Do whatever is needed most
- Experience in product management
- Strong organizational skills
- Clear and concise communication in writing
- Deep understanding of the full DevOps lifecycle and tools
- Excellent critical thinking skills; come up to speed quickly and determine a good solution
- Strong technically: you understand how software is built, packaged, tested, and secured
- Significant experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You are living wherever you want
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Bonus points: experience with GitLab
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with a Product Manager
- Candidates may then be invited to schedule an interview with an Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with our Director of Product
- Candidates may then be invited to schedule a deep dive interview with a Product Management Leader
- Candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Head of Product
- Finally, candidates may interview with our CEO
The compensation calculator for this role can be found here.
Apply for this Position