Hirestarter's client is an exciting Austin based startup that leverages data science to deliver intelligent, cloud-based software platforms and applications to some of the biggest players in the automotive and retail sectors. They have a great culture and solid team and provide flexibility and competitive packages including equity. The company was named on the 2019 Best Workplaces in Texas list by Great Place to Work.
Looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to handle the demands of our customers. Our client platform is continually evolving, and they are working to provide more scale and automation to keep up with their customer and feature growth. Their DevOps engineering team works with software development teams to instill a culture of DevOps and builds shared components that make all teams faster and more successful. We’re looking for someone excited to work with modern technologies in startup culture, looking to have an immediate impact, and ready to rise to the challenge of a growing organization.
- Design and build enterprise-scale SaaS infrastructure to stay ahead of growing usage, planning for scalability, high availability, and low maintenance cost
- Collaborate with software engineering and data engineering
- Automate processes with a DevOps mindset, building infrastructure as code.
- Use containerization, orchestration, configuration management, and deployment automation.
- Share best practices and mentor other Engineers in the areas where you're an expert
- Continuing to learn and grow, you’ll pick up new technologies and patterns as the product and industry evolve. While experience with these tools is not required, you’ll be working with AWS and Azure, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, Kafka, ELK, and Datadog.
Apply for this Position
- Deep experience running web apps at scale
- You're a coder, not an administrator. You don't manage one server at a time; you build frameworks for configuring and monitoring them
- You have opinions on what makes a good DevOps tech stack, but you know that tech is dynamic so you don't limit yourself to just one approach
- You're a thoughtful communicator, positive, with a bias for action