TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 100+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Product Manager to join our Product Engineering team.
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, creative and analytical product manager that is eager to make an impact on a game-changing product in eCommerce. Someone that has the passion to lead the product decisions for TaxJar's core products to drive significant growth and adoption for the business.
On our team you will have the opportunity to shape our product strategy and roadmap as well as helping ensure each feature launch is a success. Working with our senior team leaders at TaxJar you will be right in the middle of making eCommerce easier for everyone.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As a Technical Product Manager for TaxJar you will
- Deeply understand the needs and desires of merchants, developers, and CPAs who collect and remit sales tax. You're experienced at demonstrating the value of a software solution to multiple segments of customers, and you know how to tailor the experience to each.
- Use your experience and your full range of product development skills to produce thoughtfully simple sales tax features.
- Analyze data to help make better product decisions and always be fine tuning our product strategy and roadmap.
- Manage, maintain and communicate the product roadmap to the company
- At times, communicate directly with states and local jurisdictions to identify and clarify sales and use tax laws and rules and understand how they impact our customers.
- Be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next product innovation to working directly with designers, marketing and developers leading up to launch.
- Bring new perspectives on how we can improve our product to better serve our customers, while ensuring we stay true to our focus, core values and mission
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be excited to work in a fully-distributed environment with multiple teams.
- 3 - 6 years of experience in agile SaaS product management, preferably in small business, payroll or taxes
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation of product launch campaigns
- Data driven, with strong problem framing and analytical skills. You must be able to properly frame and size complex problems, then break them down into actionable steps
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with developers, customer success, sales and marketing team members, state employees, and stressed-out customers
- You have the perfect combination of patience and an intense bias for action
- Superior attention to detail, with strong process and documentation skills
- Clear, concise writer
- Self-directed, self-motivated
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (Basecamp, chat, zoom, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.
Apply for this Position