Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Improve the performance and scalability of services, optimize our Rest and GraphQL APIs
- Manage infrastructure using Chef and Terraform
- Address security concerns and proficiently maintain our application stack
- Active involvement in design, implementation, and maintenance of the development, staging, and production infrastructure and services your team is responsible for
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack, such as high-load, memory full, network issues and come up with temporary/long term solutions based on the root cause
- Create concise postmortems in the event of an outage
- Write and maintain run-books for other engineers to leverage
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for the applications your team is responsible for
- Collaborate with other engineers to make sound infrastructure decisions, improve workflow, and deploy applications ready for production
- Hands-on maintenance on our Ruby on Rails and Go (Golang) applications
- Monitor capacity, cost and plan for upgrades
- Increase our automated test coverage and deployment infrastructure robustness
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- You are a problem solver with a passion for simple, clean, and maintainable solutions
- You have extensive experience with Terraform and Chef (or equivalent)
- You are knowledgeable of memory and CPU profiling tools to help adjust Ruby jobs and processes to use resources effectively
- You have high familiarity with OOP and design principles to ensure well-architected services
- You have significant experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining NGINX
- You are proficient with Unix, AWS, and Git
- You have experience writing automated tests and appreciate the benefit that tests offer
- You are self-motivated and able to manage yourself and your own queue
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team
- You have experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, and performance optimizations
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time
- You can dedicate about two weeks per year for travel to company events
- Doximity has industry leading benefits. For an updated list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Apply for this Position