Cro Metrics, a fully-distributed data-driven web experimentation company is seeking to hire a Program Manager. The Program Manager is responsible for working with our Product Managers to execute successful web experimentation and personalization for a diverse group of clients.
The Program Manager is a natural leader. S/he keeps external and internal stakeholders informed through our engagements, helps shepherd A/B/n tests from concept through launch, responds to client requests and keeps team members accountable for follow-ups and action items. Program Managers allow our Product Managers to focus on building client strategies, data and results analysis, insights/iteration and ideation.
*Our positions are fully remote and to ensure compliance with all applicable labor laws, are open to U.S.-based applicants only. In general, we are not hiring in Washington state, Oregon state, San Francisco, New York, or New Jersey as it is difficult for distributed companies like ours to hire in those locations.*
The ideal candidate will have professional services (agency) experience, is highly detail oriented, and has at least a fundamental understanding of A/B testing and data-driven decision making. Experience with UX/UI and web analytics is a plus.
Direct responsibilities include:
- Managing status agendas, scheduling, taking meeting notes and distilling them down into reference and action items
- Writing A/B test specifications, creating mockups (annotated screenshots, simple designs)
- Updating clients on test status, seeking approvals
- Working with engineering and QA teams to move tests through implementation along with live test QA and monitoring
- Assistance with organizing and building client presentations
- Account management: fielding and routing client questions and issues, disseminating action items
Successful candidates in this role demonstrate:
- An eye for detail and organization. Minor grammatical errors will jump out at you like a sore thumb. Undocumented resources frustrate you. Inbox zero is life. Note that this is not an ability but a strong personal drive to stay organized at all times.
- Comfort communicating and listening diplomatically. Successful Account Coordinators listen thoughtfully and address the root problem while holding others accountable.
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives at once. Individual tasks in most engagements are generally not insurmountable, however there may be many distinct tasks moving at once - keeping them organized and done is paramount.
- Experience and comfort working with teams and people of all shapes and sizes. Every client team will come with their own culture, quirks, and individual likes and desires. Successful Account Coordinators are able to assimilate into teams as if they are one of their own as opposed to an outside consultant.
What crushing it in this role looks like:
- Every meeting is productive, clients are always informed, and no client ever needs to ask “Hey did you do the thing you said you were going to do?”
- Working in tandem with Product Managers to drive successful outcomes for our clients. You feel a huge sense of accomplishment knowing you're part of a team that's helping deliver a positive business impact to each of our engagements. Client success translates to team success which translates to your success.
- Embracing data-driven decision making and letting that guide everything you do.
If you have questions as you go through this, make notes and if we haven’t answered them by the end, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matching 401k on the first 4% of income subject to a 3 month waiting period.
- 100% remote, continue to work from where you are based. (However, this doesn’t mean ultimate freedom, this is a full time job where you get to work from where you live.)
- Liberal vacation policy.
- All the professional gear you need to be successful (e.g. macbook, monitor, and noise-cancelling blackwire headset)
Please read our about our culture on our culture page and our main jobs page.
A unique hiring process – we pay you to interview
We’ve found that the best candidates shine most when they are able to participate directly with the team and show their skills in action. This does require some work from you, so we’ll pay you to join the team during a “paid interview”.
Assuming your submission exceeds expectations, we will reach out to schedule a few informal conversations with our team to learn more about you, and provide an opportunity for you to ask questions of us. If all goes well for both you and Cro Metrics, we will hire you for a paid interview where you start working with us for approximately one week (12-15 hours max) as a 1099 contractor. This can be done on the side of your current full-time job so there is less risk to you.
If both parties like working together, we expand the relationship into a full time W2 role. If not, we go our separate ways and both sides “won” in the deal.
Apply for this Position