Stripe’s core mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses, and we believe security should not be one of those hurdles. By building foundational security frameworks and services that enable Stripe products to be secure by default, the User Security team aims to make security invisible to users and empower them to do more on Stripe with peace of mind.
As an engineer on the User Security team, you’ll be critical in providing the core authentication and authorization services and frameworks that Stripe product engineers leverage consistently across the organization. By abstracting away complexity and enforcing security guarantees, you will enable developers to iterate quickly and focus on building while ensuring no compromises on security are made.
We’re looking for a senior engineer with a strong background or interest in security and building well-designed abstractions . You should be comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, have exquisite attention to detail, and adept at communicating and working cross-functionally.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to solve problems at scale from end-to-end
- Build new services and frameworks for Stripe product teams
- Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as product, application security, and infrastructure
- Have an opportunity to integrate and further develop your security expertise
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience building impactful products or systems.
- Enjoy doing anything it takes to solve problems, and seeing projects through to completion
- Take delight in crafting great, easy-to-use security abstractions and find innovative ways of increasing adoption of these tools
- Take pride in designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems at scale across Stripe’s engineering teams
- Reason clearly about security and product tradeoffs, while also balancing such priorities and decisions
- Find improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
You might work on:
Apply for this position
- Building a centralized service that authenticates Stripe users
- Creating a rate-limiting service that can be leveraged by any Stripe product