Due to Puppet’s continual growth, the Customer Success origination is looking for a Senior/Principal Professional Services Engineer (PSE) to join the EMEA Customer Success team and work alongside some of the best DevOps Engineers in the industry. The PSE position is a highly technical role responsible for providing guidance, training and consulting on client facing projects leveraging Puppet Solutions. The PSE contributes to the selling, design and implementation of our solutions.
As part of a regional practice, the PSE participates in both services pre-sales and delivery activities on engagements for client and with partners within the region. You will help our customers to succeed by helping them to transform their business.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Delivery and Training (70%)
- Delivery of Custom and Packaged Services within the Puppet Services Portfolio
- Delivery of Puppet Training at our onsite training facilities or at customer sites for private training.
- Delivering Design and Architecture services communicating Technical Architecture Blueprints in workshops providing Implementation Roadmaps aligning to desired Business outcomes
- Work in conjunction with Engineering and Support where needed in order to solve complex solutions during project delivery where needed
- Work with some strategic clients may include time as a resident architect for long term consulting engagements
- Provide thought leadership and ensure that customer engagements are aligned to Puppet Implementation Best Practices
- Demonstrate product and technical leadership on Puppet engagements with customers and partners
- Assist delivery teams with resolving critical path technical issues, challenges
- Services Pre-Sales (15%)
- Work with account teams to help position services and provide advice on architecture/design and drive opportunities for expansion and adoption of Puppet Technology
- Delivery pre-sales workshops and understand customer requirements, translate to solutions and communicate to clients helping them to roadmap new DevOps initiatives
- Write Statements of Work and provide SOW validation during the sales cycle
- Research & Skills Development (15%)
- Maintain expert knowledge of Puppet Services Portfolio and products
- Maintain current knowledge via internal webinars, case study, training, Wiki and all other resources
- Help mentor other PSEs and SE's with technical design standards and implementation best practices
- Perform research into technology partner or other vendor solutions in context of client requirements for integration
- Collaborate with Puppet Product Engineer programs, Sales, PS Operations providing points of view and documentation as needed
- 5+ years working as a Professional Service Consultant in a similar industry
- Experience in a Professional Services environment engaging with executive stakeholders, solution architects and extended program teams
- Solid exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt messaging to varying stakeholder levels
- Proven experience in designing and implementing solutions with the Puppet technology or similar technology platform
- Experience with the Configuration management, CI/CD practices and toolsets, DevOps and DevSecOps practices
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the Puppet solutions including:
- Programming skills (Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Unix &/or Linux SysAdmin or DevOps background, including automation
- Windows systems administration experience, including Microsoft PowerShell
- Large scale infrastructure automation experience in on-premises and cloud environments
- Experience with some of the following technologies
- git-based version control
- Automated testing (rspec, serverspec, beaker, or others)
- Monitoring (nagios, splunk, ELK stack, or others)
- Containers and related frameworks (docker, kubernetes, or others)
- Public and Private Clouds (AWS, Azure, Openstack, VMware)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, or others)
- Ability to handle and overcome objections in both a pre-sales and project delivery
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Ability to work in an international, fast-growing environment
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there—our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support—and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Learn more about Puppet by checking out the values we live by and the awesome benefits and perks we offer employees!
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +44 2895 903 130 for assistance.