The Senior Production Engineer of the SaaS Platform team will be responsible for designing, building, and supporting the testing of the delivery pipeline used by PhishMe and Reporter anti-Phishing solutions.
- Create tools that provide self-service capabilities for developers, integrate new applications and service into CI/CD workflows, and are responsible for internal tooling used by Cofense engineering teams.
- Ensure quality and best-practices for appliance architecture, design, provisioning, usability, security, and monitoring.
- Own production applications, back-end services, and the infrastructure used to support them
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug problems, on a growing portfolio of services used to support Cofense customers
- Partner with Software Engineers, QA, and Security Engineers to drive operability and cloud readiness deeper into the SDLC
- Design, build, and improve the infrastructure and software delivery platform used by all Cofense products and services
- Mentor others through pairing, code reviews, and regular knowledge transfer
- Work within the team and across Engineering to continuously evaluate standards and suggest improvements
- Rotating on-call duties with other team members and occasional travel for team meetings and events
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong knowledge of operating systems internals, Linux system administration, and TCP/IP networking
- Coding fluency in one or more higher-level languages and configuration management toolsets
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks and APIs
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years as a Software Engineer, DevOps, Site Reliability, or Platform Engineer with strong background in AWS or Azure
- Recent experience in configuration, maintenance, automated deployment of web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems, and messaging systems
- Experience running production workloads on AWS using a variety of its PAAS offerings including Lambda, S3, SQS, Kinesis, CloudWatch, and RedShift.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Apply for this Position