With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 150 remote-first employees around the globe processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
ReCharge is seeking an experienced Vice President of Marketing to execute our growth strategy, strengthen our company’s strategic positioning, and drive execution across all aspects of marketing including sales enablement, partner enablement, branding and offline event strategy.
In this pivotal role reporting directly to the COO, you will develop a strategic vision for how we show and describe the value of ReCharge, and drive execution. This leadership role will manage five sub-capabilities: Product line-up, business model innovation, competitive strategies, creative, brand and customer strategies. You will be responsible for leading horizontally across the organization to create and deliver a truly integrated go-to-market plan, accounting for the respective roles of each capability in achieving commitments and for setting long-term direction for our brand and business model strategies.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions
- Set the marketing vision for the company and craft strategic marketing plans aimed at achieving that vision.
- Scale, coach, develop and operationalize a world class marketing team to support our ever growing product and distribution channels.
- Be able to translate data and insights into winning competitive strategies to support business and product high-growth.
Sales and partner enablement: Increase win rates by partnering with the VP of Sales to deliver effective tools across all channels, including product and vendor comparisons, playbook content, product brochures, success stories, and sell sheets.
Strategic Positioning: Develop a deep understanding of our customer base by gathering insights around the e-commerce market, competitors, industry trends, target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process. Utilize this information to establish best practices around who to target and which deliverables and strategies will ensure successful campaigns for future releases.
Demand generation: Launch initiatives such as webinars, co-marketing with ecosystem partners and events and follow through captured leads to move them from MQL to SQL. Run marketing campaigns on the existing customer base to generate upsell opportunities. Develop SEO strategies to attract and engage new merchants.
Product marketing: Launch new products and features through collaboration with our Product, Sales Engineers and Customer Success teams. Utilize insights from each department to successfully demonstrate to customers and prospects the value of new product capabilities through guides, product videos, webinars, and informative blog posts.
Content Marketing: Guide the creation of long form content material that supports our thought leadership strategy, including white papers, merchant interviews, speaking engagements, newsletters, and social content.
New channel opportunities: Identify new market expansion opportunities for our products and lead coordinated efforts accordingly including leading our ReCharge market-place.
Creative: Develop a creative direction leveraging compelling messaging, stories, case studies, videos, and presentations to use across all direct and digital communication for store owners, people operations talent acquisition function, and internal culture initiatives.
Management: Manage and build career pathing to develop existing team of four team members and future team-members through prioritization, resource management, mentorship, and performance management. Play a prominent role in continued hiring.
Metrics: Create quarterly OKRs for the marketing department and report results to the senior leadership team. Be accountable to measure and report on MQLs.
Events: Own the branding aspects for all offline events and collaborate with Partner Operations lead for execution of conferences, meetups and influencer dinners.
What You’ll Bring
Hard technical/experience skills
- Minimum of 12 years experience in marketing, with at least 2 years in a marketing executive leadership role or right hand to a Chief Marketing Officer
- Scaled a marketing team and function in a high growth global environment
- Broad knowledge in all areas of marketing, including product marketing, demand generation and marketing communications
- Typically, 5+ years experience in a B2B SaaS high tech outbound product marketing
- 4+ years of experience with SMB 1-80M revenue companies, or mid-market 20-200M
- 4+ years of experience in demand generation (lead generation and turning those leads into sales)
- Prior experience enabling sales teams to drive deal flow
- Strong leadership skills, including vision-setting, coaching, team building, empowerment and cross-functional leadership
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with execution
- Highly analytical, technical, clever, data-driven in nature
- Highly structured, process and systems oriented
- Have a proven track record for driving change in an innovative culture that translates into go-to-market successes and breakthrough outcomes
- Experienced at inspiring, leading and developing members of the team
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills working closely with both internal teams and customers
- Have a strong bias for action with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Outcome oriented with a player/coach leadership style
- Demonstrated experience utilizing analytics to solve and prioritize business challenges
- Startup, high growth and SaaS experience is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.