Bitovi helps companies create better web applications.
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with tests, full docs, and a deployment process in place.
Bitovi has been a pioneer in producing advanced frameworks and tools for almost a decade. We develop and maintain several open source products such as CanJS, DoneJS, and StealJS to name a few. We are interested in product innovation and opportunities.
Our team is comprised of about 30ish developers and designers located around the US and Canada. This is a remote full-time opportunity. We are looking for candidates located in the US or Canada as occasional travel may be required.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for qualified individuals with the following:
- BS (or equivalent) in relevant field (computer science, etc)
- 5+ years experience in a professional cloud computing role
- Thorough understanding of the full CI/CD pipeline
- Thorough understanding of Observability in DevOps
- Experience integrating with at least one enterprise auth system (SAML, LDAP, etc)
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to take an abstract goal from idea to reality with little to no guidance
- Ability to keep track of any number of simultaneous initiatives with detailed clarity and efficiency
- Familiarity with StackStorm
Individuals should also be an expert with:
- Deploying and maintaining production, enterprise applications to a Kubernetes cluster
- GitOps workflows
- At least one configuration management tool
- Automating systems through configuration
- Using the Prometheus/Grafana/Alertmanager stack in a production environment
- Using Helm
- Writing and publishing Docker containers
- Writing bash scripts
- At least 2 programming languages (one should be Python)
- Communication and setting expectations
You'll act as a consultant with our client, and we expect the role to include the following:
- Configure and maintain Prometheus, Grafana, and Alertmanager instances as well as StackStorm instances deployed into Kubernetes clusters using industry best practices such as infrastructure-as-code and GitOps.
- Write PromQL queries to answer complex questions about entities being monitored
- Build and maintain Grafana dashboards
- Configure Alertmanager to notify and work with external systems
- Write StackStorm packs to handle alerts from Alertmanager and other systems and to perform diagnostic and remediation actions/workflows
- Work with other team members to keep all systems up-to-date with latest upstream versions and install supplemental tools as required by client.
- Interact with the client’s internal customers directly to address concerns and requests.
- Enhance workflows (developmental and technological) based on conversations with team members and customers
- Propose and implement enhancements based on independent research and insights
- Fully own features and ensure they are delivered with high quality
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration between team members and other teams for assigned features
- Gather feature requirements and translate them into implementable steps
- Maintain status reports of all active work including risks, uncertainties, and timelines
A LITTLE BIT MORE:
The following attributes are major positives, but not all hard requirements:
- Experience deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with StackStorm in Production
- DevOps tools experience outside of CI/CD
- Experience writing Helm charts
ROLE: Full Time Hire
Apply for this Position