Product Manager - First Experience
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in 25 countries around the world. The company has raised more than $235 million in funding from leading investors including Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead InVision Studio’s Apps & Engagement squad. InVision Studio is a new product that we expect to deliver a core, high volume, highly loved InVision experience that is known as the world’s most powerful screen design tool. The Apps & Engagement squad aims to attract users (mostly designers) to Studio and deliver an intriguing and reliable first experience that makes users want to come back. With your Design and Engineering Leads as your key partners, you’ll lead the Apps & Engagement squad by articulating vision and strategy that leads to efficient execution of a roadmap that enables rapid growth and a first experience users love.
Product Management Responsibilities:
- Strategy: Drive squad strategy, collaborating with your key Design, Engineering, and Marketing partners and business stakeholders, while fitting well inside our overall InVision product direction. You are a domain expert for the product(s) you support.
- User Science: Apply your deep understanding of studying user intent and behavior to ensure your organization does the right user research well to refine our product direction and shares back insight into the broader organization.
- Communications: Serve as the voice and ambassador of the squad, ensuring we listen to and share out to our many stakeholders on product teams, and in sales, customer success, and customer support. We’re transparent and well understood.
- Collaboration: Problem solve and collaborate across the company and bring out the best in others to get us to the right answers, while running your squad’s product operations well. You will partner closely with our enterprise facing sales, customer success, and customer support teams.
- Technicals: Get into the data and support your squad with actionable insights. Understand complex technical challenges and synthesize conversations for non-technical stakeholders.
- Details and Results: Get the forest and the trees right and support superior product execution. Meet or exceed your goals while delivering consistently and predictably.
- You’ll be part of the team responsible for ensuring InVision Studio users get an intriguing and reliable first experience that makes them want to come back
- You’ll work collaboratively with Marketing, Product Marketing, and across other squads to identify and develop growth channels for Studio
- You will articulate user problems and product needs, iterating with a core team of design and engineering experts as well as stakeholders in research, data, support, sales, and marketing
- You’ll manage the roadmap for our product area, refining feature ideas and maintaining existing features to drive business goals
- You will coordinate across teams to maintain product and strategy alignment, eliminating surprises and finding creative ways to make the “whole greater than the sum of its parts”
- 5+ years as a Product Manager or similar role
- Familiarity with design team workflows
- Metrics driven approach to product development and growth
- Have the ability to engage with end-users, conduct user research, and intelligently integrate findings into your work
- Be able to dive in to big projects and manage them from start to finish
- Thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment
Our Product Management values:
- We believe:
- The screen has become the most important place in the world;
- The customer experience has moved to the screen;
- Every company in the world is becoming a digital product company;
- At InVision, we can empower teams to create the world’s best digital experiences;
- If we succeed, we will make the way people live, work and connect better through design.
- Our users include the entire team throughout the product design process, though the product designer is our hero.
- We are Directly Responsible Individuals (DRIs) and the organization and our users can count on us
- Our success is tied to great collaboration with our “first teams” of design, engineering, and other primary partners. We’re in it together to win.
- Outcomes over outputs, always.
- Product management is a craft, and we’re all always learning and growing.
- Most importantly, we’re here to serve our users. We are driven to make their lives better, and continuously strive to understand, advocate for, and serve them.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop budget, and many other remote working perks.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.