At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Logstash project is an open source streaming ETL (extract-transform-load) tool that is capable of capturing data from multiple sources, reshaping and enriching, and pushing it to multiple destinations. It is structured around a set of more than 200 plugins and a core platform that wires these plugins together into one or multiple continuously processing pipelines. The project is written in a mix of JRuby and Java.
Our team is small and distributed across the globe and we communicate mostly through Slack, GitHub, email and Zoom.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining, contributing and leading the development the core platform and plugins
- Engaging with multiple public GitHub repositories and community forums
- Caring for the needs of our users and enterprise customers
- Contributing to development process, improving tools and automation
- Collaborating with other teams to drive product goals
- Working together with the support organization to help our customers.
What you'll bring:
- Ability to work in a remote-first environment, which implies excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Critical thinking, autonomy and being proactive
- Backend focused programming skills with Ruby and Java (or at least one plus willingness to work with the other)
- Knowledge of message brokers (like Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS), database technologies (namely JDBC), non-RDBMS databases (like MongoDB and Neo4j) and any sort data streaming technology
- Familiarity with typical programming support tools such as Travis, Jenkins, GitHub, Git
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline and 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with JRuby and the rest of the Elastic Stack is a plus
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
Apply for this Position