Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally.
We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put the global economy within everyone’s reach.
Stripe is looking for an experienced and passionate team member with experience buying paid search at scale. This is a key role in Stripe’s performance marketing team, and will contribute directly to Stripe’s growth.
As the Paid Search Lead, you will be the go-to expert on paid search globally (e.g. Google, Bing). You will also build fast-growing B2B marketing programs. You’ll work closely with our performance marketing, marketing analytics, field marketing, localization, product marketing, and creative teams to plan, buy, and optimize targeted media campaigns, delivering on direct response goals. You’ll scale our programs with multi-million dollar budgets amongst an ambitious and growing team, owning both the strategy and execution. You’ll help us devise cross-channel campaigns and help drive advancement in our analytic capabilities.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
- Support Stripe in building and optimizing paid search using business knowledge and data. You will partner with various internal stakeholders including the demand journeys, marketing operations, and analytics teams to make your vision come to life
- Lead in analyzing the effectiveness of your placements, and have the confidence to test and learn until you find something that works - and cut things that don’t
- Create, deploy, and optimize paid search campaigns globally across platforms and in multiple languages
- Coordinate with field performance marketers on execution of search in geo specific platforms (like Baidu, Yahoo Japan, etc.) and align strategy, messaging, outcomes, and measurement
- Manage other media programs, possibly including affiliate, display, social, video, etc.
- Report on effectiveness of paid media campaigns, including creative learnings
- Develop plans and forecasts for paid acquisition programs, enabling ROI optimization
- Partner closely with internal teams including creative, analytics, journeys, and product marketing
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4-6+ years of relevant work experience, including specific experience at scale in paid search
- Strong working knowledge of Google AdWords and Bing
- Channel expertise in some or all of the following: display, social, video, affiliate
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel
- Exceptional written, verbal, and in-person presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand the needs of different audiences
- B2B experience desired
- Experience with tag management (Google Tag Manager, Tealium)
- Experience working with creative agencies and creative teams in support of media execution
- Experience working globally with field teams and localization teams
- Distinctive problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize between short-term demands and long-term needs
Nice to haves:
Apply for this position
- A passion for and experience in working with technical teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability, with a track record of “test & learn” mindset
- Ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines, multiple partners/ vendors, and complexity
- Excellent team player, who values other views and can earn stakeholder confidence quickly
- Strong creative marketing and communication skills
- Experience and desire for working in a start-up environment, contributing to developing business infrastructure and aggressively scaling a high growth business