Thycotic is looking for a Network/Lab Manager to own, maintain, and enhance our internal QA test lab and environments.
This position will report to VP, Software Operations and will be based in the Washington, DC headquarters. Remote candidates may be considered.
- Build and Maintain several complex QA environments that replicate the types of software and hardware system configurations our customers use in production
- Develop a deep understanding of the Thycotic product suite and its configuration dependent features, to correlate to the configurations and deployment priorities of the lab
- Develop a repeatable and scalable automation process to rapidly Provision new VM’s and environments for QA
- Create and maintain a backup/recovery/snapshot plan for the lab
- Work with the development and QA teams to implement a change, patch, and enhancement process the lab environments over time
- Investigate, evaluate and implement monitoring solutions for the lab with alerts to identify issues and identify active and inactive configurations
- Develop and implement an automation plan for lab refresh, maintenance, and de-provisioning
- Develop a request process for users to access lab resources, expire access, and de-activate access.
- Document lab configuration for lab management and usage by the QA and development teams
- Stay on top of the latest OS security patch releases and ensure resources in the QA lab are up to date
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of full-time work experience working with Managing IT infrastructure
- Experience with configuring complex, secure, multi-server environments that leverage SQL Server databases, IIS and load balancers
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Ability to rapidly get up to speed on complex software products and environments
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, GPOs
- Ability to manage multiple Active Directory forests
- Understanding of Active Directory Trusts, One-Way and Two-Way Trusts
- Proactive ability to document lab environments
- Proactive ability to document lab processes for creating, maintaining, and de-activating lab machines and lab access
- Ability to communicate lab processes for lab users
- Strong PowerShell, SQL and other scripting skills
- Familiarity or expertise using virtualization hosts (VMware, Hyper-V, System Center)
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, including Windows Server
- Experience with configuring Unix/Linux machines
- Experience with MacOS and VMware Fusion is a plus
- Experience with general Network management (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc)
- Experience with SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres databases
- Any Windows, SQL Server, or network certifications is a plus
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.
Apply for this Position