The QA Team
Our mission is to allow people throughout the world to turn data into dollars by rewarding our users for their attention. Current’s QA team is responsible for maintaining our high quality standards through the creation of detailed test documentation, manual bug hunting session, bug triaging, designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable automated tests. The QA team consists of 2 people, with goals to hire at least one additional person by January 2020.
We’re in the midst of growing the company and creating a wide array of exciting new functionality. In addition to building features that our users love, there are a few behind-the-scenes projects currently in progress. We are…
- automating our iOS/Android test suite.
- moving test cases management and documentation to TestRail.
- supporting the larger effort of moving to continuous software release and testing.
The engineering/product team works in a typical agile setup. The team operates on 2-week sprints, with the regular planning and retrospective meetings. The backend team releases to production 1-3 times per week, and the iOS/Android teams release their work at the end of the sprint.
The team varies between working collaboratively and independently. We want everyone to feel encouraged to test a feature from idea through development and post-release all on their own. But, some problems are best solved together, whiteboarding sessions, and discussions are frequent.
We rely heavily on the following technologies:
TestRail for our Test Case and Test Documentation main application.
EndTest for creation of automated tests.
BrowserStack as device farm used for automated tests
JIRA for bug management and for general maintenance of software development process.
Instabug for bug reporting
- We communicate with each other primarily via Slack.
You’ll be joining the QA team, working on all of the areas/projects mentioned above. The specific projects will vary each sprint. To perform the duties of this position, you’ll need to have the following skills:
- You have experience testing modern Android and iOS user interfaces in detail on multiple Android and iOS operating systems.
- You are comfortable working as part of a distributed team.
- You are detail-oriented and communicate clearly in written English.
- You are experienced with using an issue tracking system - Jira.
- Maintain our sky-high quality standards.
- Be mindful of the test pyramid; identify and use the right approach and tools, including manual testing.
- In collaboration with other engineers continuously improve techniques, tools, and QA processes to enable a safe and efficient agile development environment and ensure the high quality of the final product.
- Review the work of your colleagues.
- As a true team player, you continuously improve your team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate your status and progress.
- Provide feedback, and continuously improve yourself.
The following would be considered an added bonus:
- Some knowledge of Selenium test automation.
- Some knowledge of REST API’s tests.
We are looking for a mid-level QA engineers to join the team. We offer generous salary based on experience and location, which could be anywhere from $40,000 to $65,000 per year.
We'd love to talk with you if…
- Have 3+ years of quality assurance experience.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Consider multiple quality dimensions like user impact, failure tolerance, implementation time, potential security breaches, and performance.
- Are genuinely interested in technology and love to try new things.
- Test problems but also consider multiple solutions, weigh them, and decide on the best course of action.
- Thrive on providing and receiving honest but always constructive feedback.