Underdog.io builds software that helps job seekers find meaningful work at technology companies. Since launching in April 2014, we’ve connected thousands of candidates with hundreds of growing organizations in New York and San Francisco.
We’re hiring a full-stack engineer to push forward with our mission to support job seekers by providing tools and information to help them make informed decisions about where to work.
Your role at Underdog.io
- Building tools for job seekers to have more agency and transparency in their job search.
- Building tools for companies to connect with the right candidates each week and support positive interactions with candidates.
- Helping to define product development and engineering practices at an early-stage startup.
- Making a large impact on the direction of our product as part of a small and agile team.
- Making use of agile and collaborative engineering methodologies and practices (Scrum, XP, continuous integration, test-driven development) to quickly deliver fully-fleshed features to our users without compromising code quality.
- Writing clean frontend code that enables a seamless and fast experience for our users.
- Designing and shipping services that support our internal and external products.
We’re looking for someone who’s comfortable working with tools like these:
- Backend: Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Celery
- Data: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Infrastructure: Docker, AWS, Jenkins
Knowing all of these specific tools and technologies isn’t a hard requirement, so please still reach out if you’re not 100% up-to-speed with everything listed here.
What we offer you
Apply for this Position
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% coverage of hardware/software
- Open vacation policy as long as work is getting done