At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have deep passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. As the Senior Events Planner you will have the lead in ensuring Elastic’s biggest internal events are executed effectively and efficiently. You will be inspired by the dream to exceed employee expectations in each and every event, and constantly challenging to raise the bar higher for the future.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will execute the operational aspects of Elastic’s very largest internal events end-to-end, including:
- Working cross functionality, often at executive level to drive out event requirements and get alignment across the business around an integrated event plan.
- Owning event budgets, providing regular forecast updates, and finding opportunities to drive better value whilst delivering high quality events.
- Building team to support delivery of events, leaning on internal stakeholders and external support where needed.
- Sourcing event vendors including conference venue, hotels, caterers, transportation services, activities, and coordinate contracts execution.
- Leading all employee communications, together with regular updates to executive team.
- Coordinating all logistics, speakers, agendas and staff.
- Establishing scalable policies for event logistics to ensure consistent delivery to high standard.
- Posting event reviews including surveys, and apply findings for future events and influence future event strategy.
- Maintaining highest level of employee happiness.
What You Bring Along:
You thrive on the sometimes chaotic, fast-paced, open environment associated with bringing large numbers of people together. You balance critical thinking for the successful delivery of each event, with a hands-on approach to ensure what needs to happen today gets done. We’re looking for driven people with strong influencing and customer service skills who are effective collaborating with multiple teams and building strong relationships with executives and stakeholders.
In addition, you have:
- 6-10 years experience working conference-scale events with at least 3,000 attendees.
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to influence upwards and prioritise effectively in a dynamic environment.
- A can-do positive attitude, proactively thinking through challenges and coming up with pragmatic workable solutions.
- Experience working remotely, or with minimal supervision, and a self-disciplined approach to work.
- Strong attention-to-detail, taking real pride to ensure nothing is missed.
- Bachelor's degree.
- CMP certification preferred.
- Exceptional English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent work ethic, enthusiastic, diligent, with attention to detail.
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally.
- A self-starter with excellent skills in project management, organization, and keeping track of details. Elastic is a fast-paced, agile work environment and we need the best and brightest to support our growing team.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position