At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The Business System Team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build an elite systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same. In this role, you will drive both the continued expansion of our application portfolio and growth of your team.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead and expand a team of high performing system administrators and developers with a solid focus on business value and customer centricity.
- Responsible for recruiting, developing, and managing internal and external resources pertaining to ongoing system implementation and support needs.
- Transform business requirements to scope, design, prioritize, and deliver on a functional plan for Financial Systems and its alignment with the overall IT Plan.
- Evaluate current financial systems processing and recommend action plans to ensure our technology investments are optimized.
- Collaborate with Elastic stakeholders to understand current and future financial system requirements through participating in regular discussions, quarterly business reviews, and off-site sessions.
- In collaboration with our Data and Integration Team, you are responsible for maintaining integrations impacting financial transactions, including documentation, requirements scoping, testing, delivery, and maintenance.
- Drive technical solutions and control procedures for regulatory compliance in financial systems (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley) and participate in regulatory audits as required.
- Run vendor onboarding processes as it relates to new financial systems technologies which include technical assessments, reviews, and budgeting.
What You Bring Along:
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Financial Systems management with previous administration, development, and/or process engineering responsibility.
- 7+ years of direct financial transaction oversight delivering technical solutions for standard financial cycles (Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, Financial Close).
- Experience in supporting a portfolio of Financial applications, including NetSuite, Adaptive Planning, Zuora, Avalara, and Concur.
- Past experience supporting a public company, specifically around financial reporting and controls for Sarbanes Oxley.
- A service orientated delivery approach to systems management, ensuring that end users remain the focus and lens by which we gauge success.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to adjust the level of detail depending on the audience.
- Data-driven decision making using data available or defining new processes to capture data needed to drive logical decisions.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Our search might be focused in certain areas, but we are looking for great talent across the globe/region and we will consider candidates that are not residing in the locations listed below.
Target Locations: Philadelphia, PA; Charlotte, NC; Washington, DC; Houston, TX; Chicago, IL.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position