Gazelle Communications, a pioneer in the Everything-as-a-Service has an opening in the Treasury & Finance business unit. Our mission at Gazelle is to both transform and make accessible the future of Connectivity and Communications - for everyone, everywhere!
We are looking for a Intermediate Staff Accountant focused on Accounts Receivable Data & Reporting. The ideal candidate would be someone who is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment with a globally distributed team. Primary duties of this position include proactively identifying trends and insights into invoicing, collection and cash receipt data to enable management to make decisions to increase cash collection and manage DSO.
- Generate Customers Traffic report from Admin system
- Generate and issue Customers monthly invoice
- Monitor and update AR Collection
- Submit Collection data weekly report
- Update and ensure top up credit on the collection from the bank records
- Email Reminder / Statement to customers
- Collect withholding tax slip from customers
- Assist where required to Compute Traffic report of Suppliers / Carriers from Carrier Relations team.
- Prepare Suppliers report for comparison vs Admin system
- Prepare and issue payment for trade and non suppliers
- Ensure proper process & filing of suppliers invoices
- Check and prepare General journal for staff claims and/or card expenses according to the accounts type in accounting system
- Assist Sr. Accountants with Full spectrum of accounting for month and year end closing
- Weekly cash flow movement
- Bank reconciliation and weekly cash position
- Bank reconciliation and cash position - Monthly
- Assist to generate and prepare Withholding & federal filing
- Ensure all journal entries are allocated correctly to the chart of accounts
- Keep track of all Fixed assets registered
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of the monthly payroll
- Maintenance of employee data
- Handle claims submission and reimbursement
- Support the Office Admin in travel and office equipment purchases
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved advances, travel and overtime claims;
- Maintain a proper document control system
- Liaise with bank / auditor / secretary / Tax matters
- Any other Ad-hoc and administrative assignment
Reporting to Finance (HQ):
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles, processes and controls
- Be responsible for timely month end and year end closing process and presentation of monthly Financial report
- Meet financial accounting objectives such as the coordination and completion of annual audits
- Manage full spectrum of accounting
- Degree in accounting & auditing field it a must.
- Compliance of local taxes knowledge is a must.
- Experience in handling and generating payroll according to local regulations is a must.
- Min 6 or more years of relevant working experience in similar position within the fields
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Applicants must be a fast worker with initiatives and a positive working attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills – ability to liaise at all levels
- Must be a resident of Canada or United States