At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants. As we continue scaling the adoption of our product, we accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation.
DevOps at Reify aims to be an engineering team with a focus on building out the process, tooling, and infrastructure as a platform that enables product engineering to release, monitor, and manage our applications with high velocity and efficiency. We value automation, self-service, and empowerment of product engineering to manage their code from development to production. By joining our team, you will play a significant role in supporting our growing architecture and our culture of impact and empathy.
- Lead and build a capable DevOps team
- Architect and design AWS solutions to meet product/company needs
- Collaborate with team leads to develop infrastructure requirements
- Develop tools and processes to streamline the automated deployment of our code
- Develop and enhance tools to improve observability of the events of our sub-systems (as championed by Charity Majors)
- Enhance and maintain continuous integration tools that support the product engineering team
- Ensure the product is operational and provide support in case of emergency
Your Skills & Qualifications
- Strong core knowledge of Linux operating system and computer networking
- Experience managing AWS resources, specifically CloudFront, IAM, Route 53, S3, RDS, and DynamoDB
- Experience working with container technology, such as Docker
- Experience building, running, and maintaining a service orchestration framework such as Kubernetes, Mesos, or Triton
- Experience with infrastructure as code tooling such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience monitoring data architectures (e.g. Kafka, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with deploying and configuring monitoring services, such as New Relic and Datadog
- Managed multiple AWS accounts across multiple AWS regions
- Embody infrastructure-as-code philosophy
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience in managing and deploying a cloud-based infrastructure compliant with regulatory regimes such as HIPAA and GDPR
- Experience implementing security controls for AWS environments, including setting up a VPN and secrets management system
- Experience working in Aptible/Heroku environment
- Experience with ELK stack or similar solutions to intelligently manage system logs
- Experience configuring error tracking systems, such as Sentry
- Previous experience with functional programming languages/philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!)
- Experience in a startup environment (as a remote employee using video/chat collaboration tools, if you’d like to work remotely)
- Relevant experience in a healthcare/health-tech company
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options: Compensation varies from mid-level to very senior and is commensurate with your experience.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Coverage: 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: a top-tier health plan covering you in all 50 states (with option of HSA for medical expenses and as investment vehicle) dental, vision, disability (short-term and long-term), and basic term life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify). We enable 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Company-provided Workstation: You will receive a brand new Macbook Pro laptop
- Location Flexibility & Transportation: For those working out of Boston, we provide: a free monthly public transportation pass (and are located 2-3 minutes from Downtown Crossing); unlimited coffee, infused water, and more (provided by WeWork); flexibility to work from home as needed. For those working remotely: you can work from anywhere in the U.S. compatible with an EST work schedule. Additionally, we’ll fly remoters in for our quarterly “remoters’ week”, filled with fun activities, good food, and many opportunities to get to know your colleagues better.
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility: Generous paid-time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave**
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also completely eschew the “bro culture” sometimes found at startups.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders. Thanks!
Apply for this Position