Ubuntu is the fastest growing Linux distribution, with over 20 million daily users. It ranks as the number one operating system in the cloud and is the most popular Linux used on Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. Canonical delivers products built on the Ubuntu platform to customers around the globe. Working on projects with the likes of Google, IBM and Microsoft, Canonical helps business leaders and developers at these companies become more agile, productive and adopt new technologies faster. Examples of this can be found across AI, Blockchain, IoT, Advanced Robotics and self-driving cars, for all of which Ubuntu is the preferred development platform.
We are hiring into this high-profile senior role, reporting directly to Executive management. The successful candidate will have frequent interaction with senior leaders of the business, providing a crucial role in moving the organisation towards increased online, direct, alliance and channel partner sales, better customer experience, and robust repeatable processes to plan, manage and deliver the business. This leader will collaborate with our sales, marketing, product management, commercial systems, delivery, finance and legal teams and provide a focal point to drive forward our global Sales Operations.
As Sales Operations Director you will:
- Manage a team of experienced sales operations professionals and provide hands-on cover and support as needed to ensure robust, scalable processes and systems for sales conducted through direct, indirect and online channels
- Own our sales technology platforms - comprising Sales Engagement, Training/Enablement/Data Enrichment, CRM, CPQ, Sales Analytics and Commissions - and the associated operational processes
- Partner with our commercial systems engineering team to continuously improve the sales technology platforms, and drive the roadmap for capabilities and integration
- Lead and streamline the introduction of new products, pricing, packaging and bundling through systems that are easy for sales to navigate and quote
- Lead and enhance our commercial review process for evaluating and steering sales opportunities
- Drive data quality, through the team executing order processing, new hire training, process documentation, reporting and data cleansing
- Deliver metrics and reporting to monitor and improve sales effectiveness, including new leads, pipeline, velocity, sales productivity and renewals. Use this data to drive insight, help manage business territories, and agree and implement actionable change with sales and executive management through regular sales and business reviews.
- Own the sales commission plan and lead the process for setting goals, evaluating and paying against that plan
The successful candidate will have:
- Track record providing insight through robust sales technology platforms, analytics and compensation systems and processes to deliver excellent sales operations
- Operated in a senior role, ideally within a similar technology subscription-based business
- Qualified to degree level, with strong academic standing, ideally also an MBA or equivalent professional qualification.
- Experience managing a team of direct reports remotely in different time zones, with a hands off management style but a hands on approach to providing cover and support
- Deep understanding of working in a global, multicultural organisation
- Experience working in a similar environment to recognise the relative importance and priorities of on-going projects, leading and successfully delivering complex projects on-time, in-full and in-budget
- A sense of urgency combined with a thoughtful systematic approach, skill in measuring, identifying and delivering systems and processes that deliver robust, repeatable and scalable outcomes
- Organisational skills and the ability to interact and work with stakeholders within all levels of the organisation
- Communication and negotiation skills to achieve buy-in to priorities from key stakeholders and achieve a balance between enabling and challenging the business
What Canonical Offers:
Recruiter adds additional benefits if applicable
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position