Mozilla’s MDN Web Docs team is looking for an Agile Business Analyst to serve as driver, day-to-day facilitator, and process expert for our projects and sprints. MDN Web Docs is used by 13 million web developers each month, and we are looking for someone to help our team and volunteer community deliver the best possible content and experience to developers.
As the Agile Business Analyst, you will be responsible for drafting project requirements, setting expectations, and managing scope and schedules. By facilitating communication, measuring impact, and driving the successful completion of goals, you will help ensure we successfully meet objectives and deliver value to our users.
The Agile Business Analyst provides thoughtful and pragmatic guidance and promotes a supportive, collaborative, and efficient environment that has high impact on day to day efforts of the team. You will ensure successful and well-thought-out projects and sprints are planned, launched, and maintained.
This role will encompass working with developers, technical writers, marketing, engineering, and other functions across business and technical units within Mozilla to drive overall success.
The agile Business Analyst works closely with product owners, subject matter experts and software development team members to
As the Agile Business Analyst:
- You will work with stakeholders (product, content, engineering) to define project scope and facilitate defining technical, operational and/or business requirements.
- You will facilitate the backlog refinement process by taking a holistic view; ensure backlog achieves overall value from a product perspective
- You will actively keep the backlog well organized, maintained, and groomed
- You will plan, schedule and facilitate scrums, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
- You will forecast deliverables possible in an iteration, based on evidence and reliable sources.
- You will help team or individual to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
- You will communicate status, issues and risks to project stakeholders. Understand and manage the impact of project/program activities across projects and teams.
- You will drive process for planning & resource management to achieve efficiencies.
- Drive / manage / track projects through to completion.
- Facilitate information flow between team members, community, management and others. Ensure the team knows and understands the long term plan as well as immediate deliverables.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Several years of professional program and project management experience, including practical application of tools, approaches, and processes.
- Effective meeting facilitation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of various project management or Agile methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, waterfall, etc.) and experience applying agile/SCRUM principles, practices and theory including user stories, standups, sprints. Familiar with scrum tools like Trello.
- Experience defining business and technical requirements.
- Experience in estimation and planning. Knowledge of how to build useful, reliable,, and practical plans for projects.
- Positive relationship building and people skills with the ability to influence others, collaborate, and build consensus when there are conflicting opinions and no clear answers. Good conflict resolution skills are a requirement.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, multitask, be hands on, and dive deep as needed.
- Work successfully as part of a global, remote team.
- Some understanding of web development or experience working closely with web developers would be beneficial in understanding our audience needs and priorities.
- Experience in open source or volunteer (not necessarily technical) groups or communities is helpful.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this Position