We are looking for a People Business Partner to join the People Operations team at Zapier. This role is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the People Ops function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. This position is ideal for someone who is new to a business partner role or is informally filled a business partner role. If
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable startup, then read on…
Our Commitment to Applicants
Culture and Values at Zapier
Zapier Guide to Remote Work
Zapier Code of Conduct
Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You have 5+ years of HR Generalist experience and have been working on growing into an HR Business Partner role.
- You have experience coaching managers and employees within your organization
- You believe in amazing customer service and you alway go the extra step to be a help our employees and our operations team.
- You have a basic working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity & equity, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You can come in and quickly learn the way People Operations works at Zapier while also offering up suggestions for improvement.
- You have experience helping executives, managers and employees work through complex problems.
- You balance your time well. You hold yourself accountable and follow through on your work with little supervision.
- You are obsessed with details. You sweat the small stuff but keep the big picture in mind. You know how important details are when it comes to administering programs or scheduling tasks to help ensure employee happiness.
- You are comfortable working with people at all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to executives.
Things You’ll Do:
- Regularly attend meetings with respective business units.
- Provide strategic guidance to business unit leaders you support.
- Consults with managers & leaders, providing HR guidance when needed.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People Business Partners to develop and rollout solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage employee relations issues and know when to escalate complex employee relations issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with leadership, management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Help to identify training needs for business units and individuals.
- Participate in development and evaluation of training programs to ensure success.
- Partner with the rest of the Operations team to execute on team goals.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: North America, Canada, or UK
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.