Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Infrastructure Accounting Specialist
As an Infrastructure Accounting Specialist, you'll work closely with other members of the Infrastructure Team as well as Fastly’s Legal and Finance Teams. This role is responsible for the review of monthly invoices from our partners and vendors (including colocation, IP transit, and managed service providers) against contracted services, and for the timely processing and organization of new contracts and service orders. Strong candidates will have experience in forensically breaking down telecommunications related invoices while also being able to provide audit-quality oversight of our contracts. The role requires both a business and technical mindset; the ability to manage multiple projects at once, a strong organizational mindset, and meticulous attention to detail. Our team is responsible for growing the Fastly global network, and doing so with highly accurate records.
What you’ll do
- Working alongside the infrastructure acquisition managers, you will participate in negotiations with Fastly suppliers and partners.
- Reconcile monthly telecommunications invoices for accuracy against existing service orders and contracts.
- Identify and characterize long term trends in vendor invoicing as well as short term errors; request and audit credits as required.
- Review new contracts and service orders to ensure that they are compliant to contract standards, then executed and filed properly within the appropriate groups in the organization.
- Ensure that records are readily accessible to business and technical owners on a rapid basis.
- Update files and records of existing contracts and service orders as changes are implemented to ensure ongoing accuracy and compliance with contract standards.
- Identify vendors and contracts requiring attention due to contract expiry, legacy status, and/or other non-compliance to contract standards; work to bring said items into standards.
- Work with Fastly Legal and Finance teams to implement a contracts management system and process.
- Participate in weekly network planning and capacity reviews to ensure that vendor related contracts or service orders never impair our growth.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of direct experience in contract management and/or billing reconciliation (AR/AP).
- Prior experience working in the accounting or network procurement teams for Content Delivery Network (CDN), Internet Service Provider (ISP), Hosting, or other datacenter-centric companies is a plus.
- Proficiency in understanding the components and concepts that frame out colocation, telecommunications, and managed service contracts and invoices
- You must be an independent self-starter
- You must thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment, and must be highly capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects in the context of larger cross-functional initiatives
- You must be detail-oriented, organized, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You must possess strong organizational and analytical skills
- You should have experience working with productivity software (Google Apps. Microsoft Office suite) as well as the ability to use other financial planning and analysis tools (Coupa, SAP, Oracle, etc)
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Our customers have a tremendous user base, and we support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their hearts with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is part of our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not “one size fits all”. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they’re passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.