- Proactively identify generative user research projects within your stage groups. Work collaboratively with Product Managers to execute research projects.
- Guide, and where necessary train, UX Designers in how to undertake evaluative research projects and in how to create strategic deliverables (such as journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas).
- Understand the technology and features of the stage groups to which you are assigned, and have working knowledge of the end-to-end GitLab product.
- Evangelize research. Share user insights with the broader organisation and externally in creative ways to increase empathy.
- Lead strategic user research initiatives that span multiple stage groups (and possibly the entire product).
- Mentor UX Researchers, both inside and outside of your stage groups.
- Actively contribute to UX Research processes, documentation and repositories.
- Engage in social media efforts, including writing blog articles and responding on Twitter, as appropriate.
- Interview potential UX candidates.
You will be working on either Ops features or Enablement features.
You know you are doing a good job as a UX Researcher when:
- You collaborate effectively with UX Designers and Product Managers.
- You can quickly build rapport with GitLab's users.
- You contribute ideas for feature improvements based on your research findings.
- Significant professional experience with user research.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Nice To Have
- Experience of taking a lead user researcher role within a team and mentoring junior research colleagues.
- Experience working for a tech startup.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Enterprise software experience.
- Developer platform/tool industry experience.
- Degree in psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction or related field.
- Passionate about/experience with open source tools.
When submitting your application, please include a covering letter detailing why you think you are suitable for this position.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates will be invited to meet with the UX Manager, Research for 60 minutes. During this interview candidates must be prepared to share examples of 2 projects they’ve delivered, including their end-to-end methodology.
- Candidates will be invited to meet with a UX Designer.
- Candidates will be invited to meet with the UX Director.
- Finally, candidates may be asked to schedule a 50 minute interview with our CEO.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
- Please view the compensation range for this role at the bottom of the position description.
Apply for this Position