This job was found on RemoteOkView original
Position: Sr. Python Developer
The Engineer will actively participate with Scrum development teams and meetings. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing and automating data ingest, optimizing system and search performance, integration with enterprise authentication services, and establishing/improving system monitoring while maintaining established security protocols development, test, and production systems
• Senior Python Developer with good experience in Python, Pandas/NumPy/SciPy, RESTful/REST
• Backend = Python
• Frontend = Angular or React
• Experience with node.js would be helpful
• Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask, or Tornado) and Spark/Kafka/Hadoop (plus)
• Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
• Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
• Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
• Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
• Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy etc.)
• Ensures efficient execution of overall product delivery by prioritizing, planning and tracking sprint progress. (This can include the development of shippable code
• Expert with Python Development
• 10+ years of Python Development experience
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer science or any related quantitative field.
• Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda)
•Deep Experience with micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles
• Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
• Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
• Experience working with numerical/quantitative systems, e.g., pandas, NumPy, SciPy, and Apache Spark.
• Experience in developing and using RESTful APIs.
• Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask, or Tornado)
• Experience in writing automated unit, integration, regression, performance, and acceptance tests.
• Solid understanding of software design principles
• Proven track record of executing on the full product lifecycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products.
• Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
• Ravenous about learning technology and problem-solving.
• Strong writing and communication skills.yagJzhkdapAsCMnUw7CpJAMi