Thank you for your interest in GitLab! It’s an exciting time to join our team. We're the world’s largest all-remote company, and we've been intentionally building our culture this way from the start. With more than 1,200 team members in 65+ countries, GitLab is a place where you can contribute from almost anywhere. We are an ambitious, productive team that embraces a set of shared values in everything we do.
The Payroll team is always growing! The overall goal for the Payroll Team is to process and distribute payroll in a timely and accurate manner. They also coordinate with external vendors including payroll processing platforms, payroll partners and PEOs and internal customers including PeopleOps, Tax, Legal and Accounting. The Payroll Team is responsible for reports, earnings information and other payroll data on a recurring basis as well as compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
All of our positions at GitLab are 100% remote.
- Extends the Payroll Specialist Responsibilities
- Own and process payroll, including tax changes, direct deposits, loan repayments, deductions, retroactive adjustments, prorated payments, bonuses, fringe benefits, special pays, etc.
- Process 401(k) and benefit changes
- Responsible for data integration between HRIS and payroll systems
- Register new state/local/SUI tax withholding account with local tax agency
- Responsible for Washington and Ohio worker compensation insurance on annual and quarterly basis
- Ensuring compliance with all compensation and tax regulations
- Responsible for quarterly tax reconciliations for federal, state, and local
- Responsible for managing Family leave and Medical leave for states
- Responsible for month end reports
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes
- Stay current on state, federal and local payroll and tax laws
- Support year-end reporting tasks
- Extends the Payroll Specialist Requirements
- 3-5 years payroll processing experience
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and establish relationships cross-functionally
- Ability to use GitLab
We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To be considered for our current or future opportunities, please submit your information below. By submitting your information you are not applying to a job, you are simply joining our talent community and will only be contacted should there be a match now or in the future. You can learn more about our recruiting model on our Jobs FAQ page.
Apply for this position