This position is remote, based in EMEA.
As a Customer Reference Manager, you will be part of a team responsible for managing and growing a compelling and persuasive customer reference program that provides timely references, nurtures a vibrant peer review community, and delivers impactful case studies in support of sales, analyst relations, field events, press releases and other marketing activities.
- Prior experience working with customers (references), influencers, and/or peer communities in B2B enterprise software and services required.
- Understanding of how to build relationships with volunteers in reference programs.
- Specific experience working with peer review sites and communities like G2, IT Central Station, and Gartner Peer Insights is a plus.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced and lean organization.
- Passion for building a world class program and desire to own and refine key operational processes
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Help manage the GitLab worldwide customer reference program, working cross-functionally between sales, customer success and marketing to identify, engage, and develop reference customers.
- Manage high-touch customer reference relationships.
- Create and maintain in-depth customer profiles and contacts.
- Stimulate, nurture, and curate review activity on peer review sites and communities like G2, IT Central Station, and Gartner Peer Insights.
- Interface with sales to understand their needs and advise them on how/when to best use references.
- Support and provide input into marketing and sales deliverables including but not limited to: peer to peer networking, event speaking opportunities, and 1: many reference calls.
- Manage reference requests tracking reference activity and outcomes.
- Identify and track potential customer success stories from the reference program and other sources.
- Create and help create customer success stories/case studies.
- Serve as a Program Manager for GitLab Customer Advisory Boards.
- Help define customer reference metrics/goals/benchmarks and track/report progress against them.
- Report outcome metrics for strategic customer engagement, and foster and promote long-term, mutually beneficial customer relationships.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position