Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last eight years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 175 team members and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Software Engineer In Test to our team. This individual has a keen sense of a tester yet loves writing code and lots of it, designs and implements many tools and testing frameworks, uses the latest technology and has plenty of room for innovation.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering and UX teams work remotely, so you’ll have the option of working from the comfort of your home or right in our office if you’re local. Compensation is competitive, and we offer a full benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As our Software Engineer in Test, you'll be responsible for:
- Help contribute to an easy to use, continuously deployed product
- Executes manual test cases if needed and reports results
- Assist in manual and automated regression testing
- Translate existing manual test cases into automated tests
- Provides input to Development on software design and on ways to increase product testability to support more extensive test automation
- Design automation strategies, test strategies and test cases to ensure we are delivering high quality new features and enhancements to existing functionality
- Work with QA Engineers to evaluate test cases and determine which should be automated
- Communicate challenges and limitations of quality assurance to a technical and non-technical audience
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Results Obsessed: You are passionate about measuring and driving demonstrable results through your efforts
- Expert: You are an authority in the QA space, bringing your knowledge and passion to Hireology
- Think Strategically: Data-savvy when it comes to driving performance and a driven individual who can accelerate the growth of our product
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Software Engineer In Test. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Experience with modern web application development (bonus for experience with frameworks like Rails)
- Familiar with service-oriented architecture concepts
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Excited about creating quality code using TDD
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment
- Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Authorized to work for any employer in the United States
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
Apply for this Position
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with one of our Software Engineers to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to nerd out a bit with you.
- Go over your career history with our Vice President of Engineering. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Meet virtually with some more of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your top three movies.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.