This position is remote based.
Are you passionate about customer success? Do you have a proven customer acumen with a solid technical foundation? Then come be a member of GitLab's Customer Success Team. Providing guidance, planning and oversight while leveraging adoption and technical best practices. The Technical Account Manager is the key partner helping customers achieve their strategic objectives and maximum value from their investment in GitLab. Additionally, the TAM serves as the liaison between the customer and the GitLab ecosystem, streamlining collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Professional Services and others.
- 7 + years of experience in a related function is required with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales or professional services functions
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Familiarity working with clients of all sizes, especially large enterprise organizations
- Exception verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communications skills
- Detailed oriented and analytical
- Strong team player but self starter
- Strong technical, analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience with Ruby on Rails applications and Git
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, chatOps, and cloud native
- Above average knowledge of Unix and Unix based Operating Systems
- Installation and operation of Linux operating systems and hardware investigation/manipulation commands
- BASH/Shell scripting including systems and init.d startup scripts
- Package management (RPM, etc. to add/remove/list packages)
- Understanding of system log files/logging infrastructure
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Programming/scripting experience & skill is required (Bash & Ruby)
- Project management experience & skills
- SCM admin and/or PS experience would be a plus
- Set up HA/DR, working with Containers and Schedulers (Kubernetes preferred) and also experience with AWS stack (EC2, ECS, RDS, ElastiCache)
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates for Technical Account Manager will receive a short questionnaire
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with a member of our Recruiting team
- Candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Director of Customer Success
- Next, candidates for the Technical Account Manager role will be invited to schedule an interview with members of the Customer Success team and may be asked to participate in a demo of a live install of GitLab
- Candidates for the Federal Technical Account Manager role will be invited to schedule interviews with members of the Customer Success team and our Federal Regional Sales Director
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates may interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.