Interpersonal Frequency is looking for a Digital Project Manager who can:
- Lead website projects in the I.F. business landscape
- Be adept at managing a computer savvy team in a 100% virtual setting
- Manage projects with modern online project management processes and tools
- Work collaboratively with public sector organizations to ensure customer satisfaction
The I.F. Digital Project Manager will be encompass the basic responsibilities of managing any project: plan the work and coordinating tasks, assess and mitigate risk, lead teams and keep the project within scope. Specifically, the PM will manage large website redesign projects through the following phases:
Pre-Sales: Participate in RFP interviews and pre-sales conversations as requested.
Discovery & Definition: Conduct project planning, work with Research, Content, and Design teams to begin aligning with the client.
Design & Planning: Coordinate with Content, Design, and the client to define the new website
Development & Training: Conduct sprint plannings and track development tasks and client training to execute against the new website design and features.
Launch & Post Launch: Bring it all together to launch the new site and immediately support the client through a post-launch bug sprint.
Solutions & Support: Work closely with the client and Support and Solutions resources to provide ongoing support and care for the client.
The digital project manager will also participate in the following:
Business Development: Besides managing the team and the project, the I.F. Digital Project Managers will work with clients and understand their needs. This includes building a foundation of trust to safeguard and shepherd the interests of our clients and their users.
Account Management: The I.F. Digital Project Managers will help set and adjust the client’s expectations to find the balance between excellent delivery and staying within scope. The PM will take responsibility for the client's contributions to the project and be proactive in communicating progress, opportunities and risks for the team and project.
Quality Assurance: The end result of an I.F. website project should be work so exceptional that our clients recommend us without being asked. The I.F. Digital Project Manager will work closely with the project team to build quality into every phase of the project using experience and direct communication to do what is best, versus what is merely expedient.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card
- A minimum of six (6) years experience in project management, with at least two2 (2) years relevant digital experience.
- Track record of managing multiple large projects at a time and balancing workload and requirements with conflicting priorities; ability to anticipate and adapt to changing conditions and opportunities
- Experience managing project budgets and scope and notifying/mitigating when the project begin trending higher than expected
- Experience working directly with clients as the primary point of contact for a project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface effectively with senior managers, business partners and clients, and the discernment to sense of when to strongly advocate for a position and when to seek compromise
- Experience predicting and monitoring risks for large, complex projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders Experience analyzing user and website data and leveraging analytics to drive design and create authority as the "internal client" for I.F.'s creative director, user interface designer, developers, and testers
- Experience working remotely in a virtual office environment
- Ability to lead virtual teams in a highly collaborative team environment and ability to resolve conflict, while fostering a collaborative and communicative environment
- Minimum Remote Environment Requirements: Internet Speed: 10 Mbs Download/10 Mbs Upload and a quiet work environment with professional background
- Demonstrated commitment to I.F. Purpose & Principles based on employment history, experience, and interview(s)
- Willingness to travel occasionally for pre-sales meeting, project kickoffs, and company meetings (spend up to 10% of your time traveling)
Nice to Have Skills or Qualifications
- Experience with content management systems, particularly Drupal 7/8
- Experience with clients in the vendor/agency realm very helpful
- PMP, CSM or similar project manager certifications
- Working knowledge of Zoom, Basecamp, Slack, Gitlab, and Zendesk
Why work for I.F.?
- Work for a company with purpose: We leverage data and digital technologies to enable public organizations to be more relevant, accountable, and responsive in serving the communities.
- Your work directly impacts the lives of millions of people. Over 4% of People living in America use I.F. technology every day.
- Healthcare, and Dental/Vision/Life/Disability, and 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation and a flexible schedule
- 100% virtual work environment - work from home or a coworking location!
- Your coworkers are a small, handpicked team of amazing people.