Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Amazon and Salesforce—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries. By helping businesses accept payments from anywhere in the world and accelerating the economic shift from offline to online, we aim to increase the GDP of the internet.
About the role and the team:
Finance Systems enables Stripe’s Finance teams to scale by building the financial infrastructure that powers Stripe’s product evolution. At most companies, finance is a cost to doing business, while at Stripe, finance is our business. This provides amazing opportunities to build world class products for finance to ensure that we can increase the internet’s GDP.
As lead for our finance systems, you will be responsible for leading product development for our financial reporting domain. You will work closely with our internal finance teams and with our product teams like Connect, Issuing, Terminal, Billing, and Radar to build financial infrastructure that can scale as our business continues to evolve. You will partner across engineering, data science, design and system teams to execute on our product strategy. Your goal is to ensure that our internal finance products can manage the scale and complexity of our business.
Our ideal candidate has managed technical products or large-scale platforms, understands finance, is obsessed with solving for user needs, has an extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, has great business and analytical skills and is equally excited about 99.9999% accuracy as you are beautiful product UX. You’d be trusted with operating a non-trivial portion of the world’s economy.
- Deeply understand Finance needs by spending time and observing patterns/trends. You will live and immerse yourself in your users world to get an appreciation of what they do and what they need
- Push the bar for innovation, you solve problems that no one else has solved, but needed due to Stripe’s scale and complexity of operations
- Product evangelist, as a horizontal infrastructure team you work across the company and ensure that finance systems are a key part of Stripe’s product development
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for Finance systems, including critical aspects of generating financial statements, internal & management reporting and tracking cash
- Work with multiple product teams to understand changes and ensure that financial systems can adapt to those needs
- Help design scalable and flexible systems by predicting the future and future proofing our internal finance infrastructure
- Own the product execution
- Hire, inspire and grow a team of product managers to do the best work of their lives
We are looking for a product leader who has:
- Deep product management experience in fast growing teams
- Leadership: You’ve mentored product managers, engineers, and designers in how to work together to build great products, including driving efforts for large engineering teams
- Technical expertise: You’ve led technical products or large-scale platforms, and are equally excited about 99.9999% accuracy as well as beautiful user experiences
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- Analytical horsepower: Demonstrated aptitude for digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results
- Team-first: You bring a team-first mentality and a knack for working well with a wide range of people
- Crisp communicator: High attention to detail including precise and effective communications with external customers/partners
- Results-oriented: You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
Apply for this position