GitLab is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Accounting team as a Payroll Specialist. The role will assist in the processing of multi-country and multi-state payrolls, maintaining related records, and developing and documenting various payroll policies and procedures. We expect you to demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced, both individually and as a part of a group, and thrive within a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Own and process payroll, including tax changes, direct deposits, loan repayments, deduction goals, retroactive adjustments, prorated payments, bonuses, special pays, etc.
- Tax filings - Register new state/local/SUI tax account with local tax agency
- Process pension and benefit changes and funding
- Provide prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay
- Review and approve expense reports
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed
- Assist in the development and documentation of payroll procedures designed to streamline the process and scale with the organization
- Support internal and external payroll audit requests
- 3-4 years' experience processing multi-state payroll
- International payroll experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Working knowledge of ADP and Excel
- Strong work ethic and team player
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with a member of our Recruiting team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Payroll and Payment Lead
- In addition, you may be asked to schedule time with our Senior Accounting and External Reporting Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Controller
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with our Senior People Operations Analysts
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Chief Financial Officer
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position