Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Director, Account Based Marketing
Fastly’s Growth Marketing team is looking for an experienced and strategic enterprise marketing leader. The director will direct a team of marketers, each aligned to a field sales vertical. The ideal candidate will have experience partnering closely with sales leadership in formulating personalized, well researched, relevant campaign strategy. You should be comfortable being accountable to financial results that are achieved collaboratively between sales, marketing, and sales development. Last but not least, you should have exceptional interpersonal skills.
What You'll Do
- Serve the needs of your team — including mentoring, career pathing, and advocating on their behalf.
- Translate market knowledge from our subject matter experts into strategy, and ensure that strategy can be applied toward earning attention at our top sales accounts.
- Ensure the ABM program is set up to scale, with clearly-documented standard methodologies shared across your team.
- Define and continually iterate on internal practices.
- Ensure tight collaboration between your team, sales, and the marketing organization.
- Advocate for what sales needs, and keep sales informed on marketing priorities.
- Work toward ever-improving efficiency in terms of customer acquisition costs to customer lifetime value.
- Manage to budget, and accurately estimate costs in ABM.
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of relevant experience (ideally enterprise marketing to developers, security practitioners, and/or IT leadership).
- Exceptional polish and comfort working face-to-face with senior IT leaders at large enterprises.
- Strong track record of building and leading high-performing enterprise marketing teams.
- Team-player; ability to establish trusted relationships throughout the company.
- Comfortable contributing strategically as well as leading day-to-day tactical execution.
- Open, positive attitude toward change and personal development.
- Self-motivated and driven to make an impact.
- Clear, thoughtful communicator (verbal and written).
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.