To sum it up:
Leverage DAML to build an engaged developer community at Digital Asset
Digital Asset are the creators of DAML, the open source, platform-agnostic smart contract language that has been integrated with Hyperledger Fabric, Hyperledger Sawtooth, R3’s Corda, VMware Blockchain and Amazon Aurora. DAML is used by both the world’s largest financial institutions, from the Australian Securities Exchange, Broadridge, Hong Kong Exchange, to healthcare startups like Hashed Health.
The Team The Community Growth Team is responsible for expanding an active community of developers building with DAML across all industries, company sizes and geographies. Community growth covers developer acquisition, retention, engagement, ultimately creating a healthy, self sustaining community that drives revenue to other parts of the company and our partners.
The Opportunity The Director of Developer Relations is responsible for managing to overall success of users of the open source DAML smart contract language. This candidate would focus on the retention and success of developers, managing all communication channels, creating technical content, and creating an events program for technical conferences, meetups and hackfests. Ultimately, success in this role means having a high percentage of productive developers and a self sustaining community of external contributors and advocates.
Location is flexible.
- Improve the community experience and advocate for our users internally to the respective product teams
- Designing a programme to take users through a journey from curious to active to advocate to evangelist
- Work with the DAML Language and Runtime teams to measure and increase retention
- Oversee all content marketing, from blog posts, web copy, email marketing and newsletters
- Manage and grow developer community channels such as twitter, reddit, and hackernews
- Monitor and grow communication channels such as slack, stackoverflow, wechat, forums etc. and create content to answer frequently asked questions
- Devising a programme of events, seminars & tech meetups, and acting as Ambassador
- Create technical facing communications such as press releases or announcements
- Identify and work with bloggers, influencers and communities to help extend and optimise product awareness
- Technically-minded, familiar with programming languages (bonus for functional languages) and developer tools
- Deep experience with open source communities, projects, foundations and standards bodies
- Open, strong communicator, effective across groups, locations, and cultures, both in-person and virtually.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities.
- Some ability to travel occasionally for outreach and internal team get-togethers.
- Prefers autonomy. You enjoy an environment where you’re making your own decisions; not being told what to do next
Apply for this Position