At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite people across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Elastic Cloud team is growing rapidly and we are now looking to add a Team Manager to help make this a positive experience for the team all-round and help us continue to deliver quality work. Our team is a dynamic and rapidly growing group of engineers based all around the world, covering a multitude of countries and timezones. We're solving some very hard problems with innovative tech and have fun doing so. This is a great opportunity to help lead our Cloud Engineering efforts and make an immediate impact to our strategy and implementation.
What you will be doing:
- Manage, mentor and lead a distributed team of Engineers who develop software for our Elastic Cloud offerings
- Run multiple software projects simultaneously
- Work with Product Management to define requirements
- Build project plans for large projects (effort estimation, scheduling, project status tracking and reporting, etc.)
- Participate in interviewing and help drive hiring
- Lead and conduct performance evaluations for your direct reports
- Be an awesome person to work with
What you will bring along:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience leading teams of software engineers
- Experience running a distributed team is a plus
- 5+ years as a hands-on software engineer (C++, Java, Scala, C#, or Python or similar programming languages) so you understand the core principles of the engineering work that is going on in your team
- Your heart at the right place, good sense of humour and ability to form connections with the people you work with
- Distributed systems design and development
- Operating a SaaS service
- 3rd party Cloud hosting services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience supporting customer problems and communication
- Speaking/presenting at tech conferences
- Managing on-call schedules (PagerDuty, VictorOps, etc)
- Open source projects and companies
- Automated testing
- Secure coding practices (static code analysis, security code reviews, etc.)
- Deeply competitive pay and benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with colleagues all over the world, speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position