What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive open source and cloud adoption in collaboration with the world’s top tech organisations.
Canonical, the publisher of Ubuntu and related open source solutions and services, is looking for a marketing manager to develop and deliver marketing programs with its partners: IHV and OEMs, Global System Integrators, channel and semiconductors.
You will be responsible for go-to-market planning and execution:
- Developing co-marketing strategy with selected partners
- Managing all co-marketing activities
- Planning, implementing, measuring and improving campaigns: launches, lead generation, sales generation, awareness
- Put systems in place, monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing activities
- Managing budget for area of work
- Event organisation
- Webinar organisation
- Paid and social media promotion
- PR / AR coordination with PR manager
- Creation and publication of content (online and print) in line with marketing plans to deliver on campaigns
- Coordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities.
The successful candidate will have :
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing / business / computer science and supporting qualifications
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
- Experience in the cloud / tech industry
- Strong customer/partner relationship management skills.
- Proven analytical skills, and ability to assess opportunities and make decisions on ROI/advantages of programs & investments.
- Track record of delivering strong results and innovation.
- Growth mindset - someone who is not afraid to think big and take on risk.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves.
- Hands on experience with Salesforce and Ad platforms
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
- Ability to work and thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Love for diverse work assignments and for the opportunity to try new approaches and overcome challenges.
What Canonical Offers:
Recruiter adds additional benefits if applicable
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position