Who We Are
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help small and medium businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team (<10 engineers today) was founded in San Francisco, USA along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from where you are. We're well funded with backing by Founder’s Fund, Max Levchin's SciFi Ventures and others. We provide competitive benefits, compensation, and equity. We're looking for motivated engineers who are eager to build something from scratch to delight our customers!
What You’ll Do
- Design and build the components, flows, and interfaces that form our core invoice and vendor management webapp.
- Write elegant, maintainable, and high performance code that scales to support an increasing number of users, features, business requirements, partners, and engineers.
- Collaborate with the team to establish robust testing and deployment frameworks.
- Analyze, debug, and fix performance and correctness issues.
What We Look For
- Frontend fundamentals plus real-world experience. 3+ years of industry experience preferred. We primarily use React on the frontend. You are fluent in React or have some prior React experience and fluency in another modern web language.
- Webapp architecture design. The design choices we make today will form the foundation of our tech for years to come. You have an end-to-end understanding of how both frontend and backend work together and can help structure our app and architect features based on your experience and industry best practices.
- Adaptability. We’re a startup and project needs can change quickly. You’re someone that loves to jump into a new problem, learn what’s needed, and solve it.
- Customer-centric mentality. You care about the user, strive to understand their needs, and build tools to solve their problems. You sweat the pixels and dig into the design to make sure the customer experience is flawless.
- Leadership. With rapid growth, we need and expect everyone to be a leader. You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown. You hold yourself and others to a high bar. You enjoy mentoring and growing other engineers.
- Communication Skills. You'll need to actively communicate with coworkers in both the US and Ukraine. Proficiency in English and comfort communicating your ideas, progress, and problems will be critical to your success.
- Must be a resident of Ukraine