The Mozilla IT Service Engineering group is looking for an exceptional software engineer, with a strong collaborative streak, to join a new team focused on providing development resources across a number of different projects. This team will be delivering across several different domains, including data platform, subscription services, community facing web streaming, and employee related productivity applications. Are you passionate about working on services and platforms that fundamentally impact the way Mozilla works? Do you enjoy working in an environment where you'll be able to contribute to multiple projects at a time and have the chance to work on new initiatives as they come up? Do you want the opportunity to learn new technologies and grow your career? If so, we would love to talk to you about how you can help us.
At Mozilla you will…
- Write new applications for Mozilla, based on the needs of our community, our customers, and our employees. You’re comfortable with build automation, user experience, system design, and security fundamentals
- Improve existing applications, enhance security, provide new functionality, and make our application experiences awesome. You're a full stack engineer with a real passion for building exceptional applications
- Embed in product delivery teams to provide burst capacity when needed on a project by project basis. While your home will be on the IT team, you'll find yourself involved in multi-functional teams delivering new products and features outside across the company
- Bring expertise in application and API design, backed by experience in modern microservices and API first architectures. You've built applications from the ground-up, designed and deployed new APIs, and are experienced both in designing from the ground as well as decomposing monoliths into microservices
Your Professional Profile
- 7+ years of software development experience, shipping code at Internet scale
- Bonus points if you have experience with common Python frameworks like Flask and Django
- A deep understanding of microservices and modern approaches to writing modular applications that make use of common open source and cloud services
- Hands-on experience using cloud platforms, particularly GCP and AWS, to deploy infrastructure, including serverless patterns using Lambda or Cloud Functions
- Have developed solutions using containers, with an emphasis on workloads in Kubernetes
- Worked in an Agile fashion, using Scrum, Kanban, or similar iterative delivery methodology
- Capable of balancing multiple projects with competing priorities with great autonomy
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with end-to-end accountability for the deployment of applications and their ongoing reliability
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this Position