Have you built and managed large cloud server deployments that have seen real production usage? Are you an expert at automation tools like Chef, Consul, Terraform, and Vault? Do the concepts of immutable infrastructure or DevSecOps call out to you?
If so, we’d like you to learn about Files.com!
Files.com operates dozens of services over 150+ cloud server in 10 AWS regions. We rely on our ever-growing infrastructure team to keep those services running smoothly and securely.
At Files.com, you will be working with our existing deployments of Chef, Vault, Consul, Docker, Ansible, ELK, Grafana, Statsd, Asterisk, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Zeromq, Puma, Jenkins, Wazuh, and many other exciting open source systems. Of course, you’ll also have the freedom to deploy something else if it gets the job done.
As a member of our infrastructure team, your work will be mostly project-based, but will also involve being part of an on-call rotation for the systems you maintain. (There are not many after-hours incidents.)
Examples of Projects our Infrastructure Team Tackles:
- Building zero-downtime failover from one AWS region to another for complex web applications.
- Securing our network using tools like Terraform and Vault.
- Deploying and managing internal services for things like LDAP, VPN, and telephone.
- Designing and building our sophisticated monitoring stack and app uptime alerting.
- Contributing features to our home-built FTP and SFTP server software that runs the FTP/SFTP interfaces of Files.com
- Automating a system for dynamically allocating dedicated IPs to Files.com customers and keeping those IPs highly available even across server/AZ migrations.
- Building and managing a Certificate Authority system
- 5+ years of directly applicable experience.
- Experience managing large cloud server deployments that have seen real production usage.
- Experience building secure, failure-resistant architecture, including disaster recovery, backups, failover, etc.
- Significant experience working with GNU/Linux servers, including a complete understanding of the command line, /proc, services, processes, virtual memory, etc.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving problems in mission-critical environments.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking concepts (layers, firewalls, DNS, VPN, etc) and how to build secure infrastructure and an awareness of common server security vulnerabilities.
- Proficiency with configuration management tools, such as Chef or Puppet, and fluency with at least one major scripting language.
Apply for this Position
- Experienced programmer capable of writing code in at least 2-3 major programming languages.
- Contributions to major open source projects.
- Familiarity with large scale log management systems, such as ELK or Splunk (we use ELK).
- Experience with penetration testing in a production environment
- Experience with the advanced features of public cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure (we use AWS).
- Experience working on a remote team.