This role is remote.
Product marketing managers at GitLab have a unique opportunity to contribute to our mission:
To change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute. When everyone can contribute, consumers become contributors, and we greatly increase the rate of human progress.
Product marketing managers at GitLab help tell the story about the value of how GitLab helps to unlock the potential of sharing and contribution. As a product marketing manager, you understand our customers, our community, and the challenges they face. You write about their story and help them understand how GitLab can help them become the heroes they really are.
We work in a unique way at GitLab, where flexibility and independence meet a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open. We recommend looking at our product marketing handbook to get started.
Who, Where and Why
- Research and define our enterprise buyer and user personas, their specific needs, challenges, and goals that we can help address.
- Research, document, and operationalize particular customer use cases and problems that GitLab solves.
- Identify and define the key value drivers which differentiate GitLab in the market.
- Partner with sales, product management, customer success, and engineering teams to refine and evolve our product roadmap.
- Develop product marketing collateral such as website pages, blogs, white papers, webinars, videos, decks, and data sheets supporting the buyer's journey communicating the value of GitLab.
- Participate and contribute to field and industry events as a GitLab evangelist and thought leader.
- Develop and deliver product, market, and industry-specific enablement to the GitLab sales team and partners.
- Create campaign messaging and content as required to support ongoing marketing initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships with analysts and regularly brief them about GitLab’s unique value proposition.
- Document and demonstrate GitLab value in analyst market research reports.
- Support the development of customer case studies and webinars that help to demonstrate the value of GitLab for our customers.
- Participate and support win/loss analysis to understand why we win, where we win, who to target, and what to avoid.
- Support research into competitive threats and challenges to understand how to position GitLab in a rapidly changing market.
- Research and track overarching market trends and patterns that influence our ability to compete.
- 3-4 years of experience in product marketing with desired experience in the specialty.
- Technical background or good understanding of Application Development and IT operations; familiarity with Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, and Kubernetes a plus.
- Outstanding English communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and iterate and deliver in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Data-driven, use data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience.
- Ability to travel up to 35% during a six month period.
- You share our values and work according to those values.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position