Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last eight years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 175 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add an experienced Web Developer to our Engineering team to help us continue to grow our Career Sites product line.
Our Career Sites product helps our customers communicate the value of their own culture to potential applicants. The person in this role will work with both internal teams and our customers to ensure that value is being communicated in an effective manner, regardless of what device the applicant may be using.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering and UX teams work remotely, so you’ll have the option of working from the comfort of your home or right in our office if you’re local. Compensation is competitive, and we offer a full benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As our Web Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating new websites based on our existing templates.
- Modifying those templates to suit the requests of our customers.
- Assisting with editing existing websites.
- Working with our SEO Specialist on testing various SEO strategies and implementing them across Career Sites.
- Working with our current Web Developer on integrating these websites to be managed by our home-grown CMS.
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Collaborative: You are comfortable collaborating both across departments and with our customers to deliver the best product.
- Results Obsessed: You have the drive to ensure the experience for our user’s applicants is great regardless of what device they are using.
- Creative and Curious: You are passionate about growing professionally. You’ll be able to find areas we can be better and you’ll work across the organization for the best ways to make them better. Then you’ll make them better. You’ll learn a ridiculous amount, because you have to and because you want to.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Web Developer. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Minimum three years of experience in a web development role.
- Passion for crafting great user experiences on multiple devices.
- Deep understanding of HTML, CSS/SASS, and responsive development.
- Experience in either mobile-friendly or mobile-first development practices.
- Understanding of current best practices concerning SEO.
- Knowledge of Git (or other source control systems).
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
Apply for this Position
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with our Recruitment team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with our Senior Manager of User Experience. This is a great opportunity to learn about where the product you are working on came from, where it is now, and where we hope to take it.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Meet virtually with some of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your top three movies.
- Talk to a member of our Leadership team. Someone from Leadership has spoken to every hire that has ever been made at Hireology. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.