15Five are looking for an experienced Product Designer to work on our Mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
Do you consider yourself a team player? Does joining a high-growth startup with a world class culture excite you? 15Five has a unique opportunity to expand our Product team with this key role reporting to the VP of Product.
This opportunity is available in our New York or Raleigh office. Remote applicants are also encouraged from the US (Eastern or Central timezones), Netherlands, Poland, Ukraine, Portugal, or the UK. To enable close collaboration with your team in different timezones, your working hours must include 10am - 2pm ET at least 4 days per week.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, Research, and other key stakeholders to contribute to the creation, development, and iteration of features and functionality for the 15Five iOS and Android applications.
- Work closely with the Mobile Product Manager to understand customer needs and problems
- Create user flows, prototypes and designs that help solve those problems
- Articulate your design process and decisions to internal stakeholders
- Advocate for exceptional design and design thinking across our organization.
- Present your vision of the user experience in a compelling way that gets the everyone excited to work towards it.
What You'll Bring
- At least 4+ of experience doing Product or UX design work
- At least 2 years of experience designing for Mobile
- A strong, diverse portfolio of shipped Mobile products (with app store links!)
- A deep understanding of design trends and interaction patterns in iOS and Android
- Experience using interactive prototypes to communicate your ideas
- You have a passion and proven experience of creating intuitive and beautiful designs
- You’ve led design projects from beginning to end
- Experience working successfully with a distributed team
- Experience using Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision or other comparable design and prototyping tools
Snapshot of your impact, by the 3 month mark:
- Complete 15Five’s new-hire onboarding and job-specific training for the Product Design role.
- Gain clarity on expectations of your role and understand Best-Self Management.
- Identify needs for your team and role and build out your OKRs for the quarter.
- Start building the foundation of strong relationships with your squad.
- Deepen knowledge of our Mobile applications, features, best practices and research.
- Partner closely with the Mobile Product Manager and start contributing towards the prioritized projects on the roadmap.
- Understand and familizarize yourself with our target customers and get to know their needs and behaviors.
Snapshot of your impact, by the 6 month mark:
- Regularly design and ship new features or enhancements with your squad.
- Leverage your strengths on a daily basis.
- Contribute to the Design discipline and proposed initiatives to improve team processes, tools and content.
- Deepen knowledge around the whole 15Five product, best practices and research.
- Contribute to the growth of our team by interviewing and training new Designers
Snapshot of your impact, by the 12 month mark:
- You are key player in your squad to drive forward the roadmap.
- Have developed a partnership with your Squad Product Manager and contributed towards the future vision and roadmap for your key functional areas.
- Having executed on the major Squad initiatives, you see the impact to our customers' via NPS and other key engagement KPIs.
- Deepen relationships and understanding with our target customers.
- Discover your Zone of Genius and embody your Best-Self.
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Indeed, Etsy, HubSpot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 1,600+ more. We take pride in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee or a customer.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.
How we work
Our people and culture
Apply for this Position