GitLab is adding the next essential member who can add in-depth accounting experience to our accounting and finance team. You will join our team in its early stages responsible for developing a highly efficient, world class accounting process. We expect you to deeply understand GAAP accounting principles, and how to apply those principles to GitLab’s financial statements.
- Primary responsibility for determining and documenting the Company’s accounting policies and position on relevant transactions.
- Review of non-recurring journal entries to determine appropriate classification.
- Must have outstanding technical research skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with the operational accounting team and business functions.
- Ensure an accurate and timely month end close by providing leadership and support to the accounting close process. This role includes serving as a hands-on team member responsible for performing and reviewing transactions.
- Assist with daily banking requirements. Monitor and forecast cash position.
- Primary responsibility for implementation of technical accounting policies.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, and company wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Evaluate and adopt accounting standard updates and update and maintain relevant accounting policies
- Act as a subject matter expert, working with the business partners in accounting and other functions (e.g., legal, corporate development, stock administration) to identify financial risks associated with new or contemplated transactions and resolve complex accounting issues
- Provide periodic technical accounting trainings to the members of the Accounting organization
- Participate in team planning including setting team goals and priorities, monitoring progress and removing roadblocks
- Primary contact point for external audit (Ernst & Young) on technical accounting issues.
- This position will initially be an individual contributor but we expect this person to build a highly functioning, distributed team over time.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Accounting or similar leadership role.
- In-depth knowledge of SEC filing requirements, experience highly preferred.
- Must have at least five years of work experience in a Big 4 CPA firm.
- Must have direct knowledge of US GAAP.
- Must have public company experience with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Ability to contribute to the career development of staff and a culture of teamwork.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP principles and financial statements.
- Proficient with google sheets
- Revenue recognition, namely 606, experience highly preferred.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Controller
- Candidates will then interview with our Senior Accounting and Reporting Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our CFO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position